K&N apollo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcushudghton1

Reaction score
Just bought a k&n apollo off eBay for £40! However it is just the cone on its own with some screws... Can anybody tell me or point me in the right direction as to what kind and size of piping I will need?
Cheers in advance

70mm / 90 degree silicone hose with a 25mm breather

if you cant find one with a 25mm breather in it (look at samco but it's expensive) you can buy a 10 quid ebay silicon hose in the correct size and drill / bond your own metal breather pipe into it, and then seal it. make sure the hole you create in the silicone hose is undersized say 22-23mm so that you can ram the pipe in! in which case you may not need to seal it :)

much cheaper than an overpriced, but still awesome samco hose. all you'll need is the silicone hose and a 25mm pipe connecter / hose joiner

Would you kindly be able to link me what I need? Because my internet at work is being difficult... Cheers man :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=70mm+silicone+hose&_from=R40%7CR40&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.X70mm+silicone+hose+90+degree&_nkw=70mm+silicone+hose+90+degree&_sacat=0

take your pick!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Plastic-Hose-Pipe-Tube-Connector-Joiner-Connect-Silicone-Rubber-PVC-Join-/190892550954?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&var=&hash=item2c72152b2a

you'll need a 90 degree connector, 25mm size. you'll need to drill into the silicone hose to replace that crankcase breather hose in the OEM set up, you'll see what i'm talking about once you remove the OEM intake hose / pipe, you can't miss it as it's the only hose connected to it! you can drill undersized for a tight and snug fit, and then seal it with some apoxy resin / glue etc etc

it's fine, it can be a bit of a mind f**k choosing which one you need :p the inside of the silicone hose clamps around the outside of the throttle body in the same way the oem hose does. oh you'll need a new hose clamp too, just make sure that's fine for a 70mm hose :) you'll find loads of them on e-bay too!

don't feel to intimidated drilling into the hose mate, you're just sticking the pipe connector in and then bonding it into the hose to create an air tight seal. to figure if it's air tight, stick it on the car and run the engine and get some soapy water sprayed around it and if there are any bubbles then it's time to whip some more sealing in!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMCO-SILICONE-INDUCTION-HOSE-KIT-RENAULT-TWINGO-133-/281166743974?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ATwingo&hash=item4176d809a6

^^^^^ it should look something like this. then again, you'd have to be a damn fool to pay that sort of money when you can make your own one for £20

it's fine, it can be a bit of a mind f**k choosing which one you need :p the inside of the silicone hose clamps around the outside of the throttle body in the same way the oem hose does. oh you'll need a new hose clamp too, just make sure that's fine for a 70mm hose :) you'll find loads of them on e-bay too!

don't feel to intimidated drilling into the hose mate, you're just sticking the pipe connector in and then bonding it into the hose to create an air tight seal. to figure if it's air tight, stick it on the car and run the engine and get some soapy water sprayed around it and if there are any bubbles then it's time to whip some more sealing in!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMCO-SILICONE-INDUCTION-HOSE-KIT-RENAULT-TWINGO-133-/281166743974?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ATwingo&hash=item4176d809a6

^^^^^ it should look something like this. then again, you'd have to be a damn fool to pay that sort of money when you can make your own one for £20 or maybe it's just me that thinks that price is mahoosive amounts of ridiculousness

Aw cheers man ahaha I have never done anything like this before so it should definitely be an experience anyway ahaha! But this is all I should need apart from a new hose clamp and some sealant resin?

yeahhhh mate, it's easy peasy. the OEM airbox is held in by rubber grommets, so a little bit of wiggling free with some force and it'll pop out just fine. the rest is all up to you! ;p

by the way i wasn't sure if i pointed out, you don't actually NEED the silicone hose etc. i'm just assuming you wanted a nice red hose instead of the OEM black yucky hose lol ;p

Glad you decided to go for it! You'll not regret it by the first time you step on the loud pedal after fitting!

What would you recommend I use to seal the breather tube to the hose? There a few different brands of resin/glue

Cheers! And is there any particular place I need to put the breather or can I kind of tuck it out of view?