Jordysport Racing

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpmd

Reaction score
Late review, but I bought a car from Jordan about a year ago, sold as a private add, though turned out to be registered to his business per the v5 when it came back.

I'll admit the car seemed cheap to me at the time, but after buying I found plenty of niggles with the car:

Missing under bonnet trim causing alarm warnings, spare wheel / jacking kit turned out to be missing, service manual missing after he had claimed it had Fsh, slight play in steering which ended up resulting in 2x lower steering arms and a top mount being peplaced.

Now the last batch of repairs could just be wear in use, but the real smack came today.

My wife usually drives the car these days, and she'd decided she fancied one of the new C1s - we offered the Twingo as part-ex only to find the car was recorded as a cat D - with finance outstanding.

After 5 very tense minutes, the dealer was able to confirm the finance had actually been settled, but the long and short of it is I was left with a car which is worth a good 2k less than I thought.

So from bitter experience, I'd like to encourage the forum users to exercise a bit of caution when dealing with this chap.

This is an account of the facts as I see them, so hope I am not speaking out of turn in relation to the moderation rules!

He's still active on cliosport, sounds like you got the bum end of the deal

Helpful information, but I was referring to the undeclared cat D on the Rs Twingo he sold me - the one sold via gumtree, where he told me he wasn't on the forum.

The one where immediately after I paid for it we went to the local post office (because it didn't have the 6 months tax declared in the advert). That when I parked up and locked it, it started sounding a warning buzzer for around a minute. Where he very helpfully offered "oh some of them just do that...".

The car was listed on Gumtree, and Jordan had stripped pictures of it out of your project thread - White Rs Twingo regards SV10WRC. Described as being a low mileage example, with full service history / 6 months tax with no reference to any accident damage at all.

Definitely no paperwork provided with car to explain cat records / subsequent repairs in my case I'm afraid.

Re service log, I contacted Jordan, and he offered that I could check history with a renault main dealer.

Re spare wheel kit, he said he probably had it in the workshop and would post it, but that was the last contact I had with him.

I'm all for being fair and balanced, but it again seems to me you actively defending him here - which is a shame because from what I've seem of you in other contexts, you seem like a very nice chap.

bpmd":28o6xk6b said:
Helpful information, but I was referring to the undeclared cat D on the Rs Twingo he sold me - the one sold via gumtree, where he told me he wasn't on the forum.

The one where immediately after I paid for it we went to the local post office (because it didn't have the 6 months tax declared in the advert). That when I parked up and locked it, it started sounding a warning buzzer for around a minute. Where he very helpfully offered "oh some of them just do that...".

The car was listed on Gumtree, and Jordan had stripped pictures of it out of your project thread - White Rs Twingo regards SV10WRC. Described as being a low mileage example, with full service history / 6 months tax with no reference to any accident damage at all.

Definitely no paperwork provided with car to explain cat records / subsequent repairs in my case I'm afraid.

Re service log, I contacted Jordan, and he offered that I could check history with a renault main dealer.

Re spare wheel kit, he said he probably had it in the workshop and would post it, but that was the last contact I had with him.

I'm all for being fair and balanced, but it again seems to me you actively defending him here - which is a shame because from what I've seem of you in other contexts, you seem like a very nice chap.

Sorry, I've been a bit of a Muppet, hence deleted my post above. For some reason I thought you had bought the GT Gordini I linked to.
Although I've just remembered the GT models would probably not have the alarm option, so no need for the bonnet bracket which I sent you . Doh

Valid comments then by the look of things. Shame you didnt pick up the cat d on a hpi check and walk away.