Japan Racing wheels

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtresel

Reaction score
Hey guys. Anyone ever heard of these?

https://www.google.hr/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=636&q=japan+racing+jr3+white&oq=japan+racing+jr3+white&gs_l=img.3...1330.5104.0.5266.22.9.0.13.13.0.138.901.7j2.9.0...0.0...1ac.1.8.img.0z1oocZ1tec

Japan Racing JR3 in white

To me they look like Rota GRID replicas, and where I'm from they're about half the price of ROTAs.

I am just concerned about the quality. Should look great on a Gordini...

I've been searching on the internet, but no website of the manufacturer or any reviews...not even pics with them mounted.

Thoughts?

EDIT: and they also have JR1 model which looks like buddy clubs

Never heard of them either but they look identical to the rota grids. I would say they are just replicas, especially if you can't find reviews etc

Hate the multifit though.. fucks up a wheel so much (I have winter wheels with multifits myself though)

But indeed this looks like replica's :?

I think I'm gonna give them a chance.

15X7 ET25 on my Gordini GT should be spot on, right?

Stock are 15X6,5 ET36, so these should be about 14mm more sticking out, am I right?

I personally wouldn't go for replicas, rota grids aren't that much really.

Look on YouTube about replica wheels, I think rota tested their wheel vs a replica and under a normal strength test the replica shattered into pieces and the rota just had curbing and a very slight buckle.

I'm pretty sure it was rota who tested.

Rota Grids are around 180 pounds here, and these replicas are around 100 pounds per piece. It's a big price difference to pay since this the gordini is just my daily driver to and from work...

They can't be that bad, can they?

I've had replicas from WSP italy, 19" on my Audi A4 for two years and about 50000miles. I had no problems...

I guess it's all down to how you drive with them on :/
I personally wouldn't trust replicas but if you haven't had much trouble with them then it's up to you

xtresel":1124ws7s said:
Japan Racing JR3 in white

To me they look like Rota GRID replicas, and where I'm from they're about half the price of ROTAs.

1211942.jpg

It's funny how Rota have become so popular that people have forgot they themselves, are infact Replicas...

EDIT - Also, the JR1 is a copy of the Advan RG spec wheel - the Buddy Club QF and SF have much thinner spokes.

Yeah, as I googled I've found out that ROTA grids are actually VOLK TE37 replicas :))

So, basically, yeah, replica of a replica :D

LOL, I was thinking the same thing as Madmatt, when google'ing Rota wheels they already get slated for 'copying' other brands.

IMO, Rota's aren't that bad, it's a little bit of an internet hyping of a few guys posting pictures of broken Rota wheels but the don't show that the driver himself probaly took a curb or pothole at a million miles an hour.. :roll:

waitey":p5c65yc7 said:
....I think rota tested their wheel vs a replica and under a normal strength test the replica shattered into pieces and the rota just had curbing and a very slight buckle....
This is my mates genuine Rota GTR-D a few nights ago...
93280cce999611e2b87b22000aaa07f6_7.jpg

Matt":2kgu8jyv said:
waitey":2kgu8jyv said:
....I think rota tested their wheel vs a replica and under a normal strength test the replica shattered into pieces and the rota just had curbing and a very slight buckle....
This is my mates genuine Rota GTR-D a few nights ago...
93280cce999611e2b87b22000aaa07f6_7.jpg

sry to say this but i hate this EVERY WHEEL CAN BREAK OR DENT DEPENDS WHAT YOU DO WITH IT , YOU HAVE THE STEERING WHEEL IN YOUR HANDS

it doesnt mean you buy expensive wheels that they are not breakable they will have "higher quality" materials put in the wheel to make it better ...

Ray Wheels anyone cause they are originals and "better"
bend2.jpg

or Work wheels cause they are also expensive and good quality
motivator7896604pr6.jpg

Now the last one i hope ppl understand this last picture good
Broken_Lotus_Wheel.jpg

it doesnt mean you have cheap wheels that they will break instantly if you hit 1 pothole or a rock , it all depends what you do with them if you go drifting/rallying/racing like a nutjob and hit some sidewalls or whatever then you can break any wheel ;)

top tip always check your tirepressure if its optimal so when you hit something the tire hopefully tolerate the blow ;)

Well, just to bump this up. I got the wheels and installed them. This is a stock Gordini 100 TCE with 15" size, 7" width, ET40, 185/50 tires.

qE1hs.jpg

Now it needs to be lowered+some spacers.