I'm Back

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenn133

Reaction score
So i havent been on here in quite some time, probably since trax.

Been a bit hectic in my life since then.

I had a deposit down on a brand new Toyota GT86 and was going to pick up on the 1st December, then i decided to go to uni. Obviously these two werent going to go well together so the car was cancelled. Still wanted to change the twingo though, so I bought a Seat Ibiza Bocanegra.

IMG_0598_zps9caf183a.jpg

Gotta say it was very impressive, very fast, but had no feel and being a DSG box was very boring to drive.

Decided it had to go. After much deliberation i settled on a new shape civic type r.

IMG_2623_zps8b833ce2.jpg

Picked it up today and absolutely love it. Just 25000 miles, satnav and everything.

Think I must have a thing for red cars lol

And in other news I've been offered a place at Greenwich University to do mechanical engineering, so its all looking up now :D

Welcome back it's been to long since we last spoke. Gutted about the gt86 but the civic looks sweet. You owed me a ride in the toyboata though :( ill happily take compensation in the civic though ;)
What are you studying at uni then?

the type r did the same mpg as the twingo on my way back from essex today so just a bit more insurance and tax, I own the car so no finance.
Doing mechanical engineering :D gonna be awesome.
I'll give you both a ride next time we have a meet ;)

I am a bit gutted about the GT86, theres a couple round my area. Like a kick in the teeth every time i see one. But once I've finished uni and earning tonnes of cash i'll buy two :p

stevenn133":1pflh8m5 said:
the type r did the same mpg as the twingo on my way back from essex today so just a bit more insurance and tax, I own the car so no finance.

I am a bit gutted about the GT86, theres a couple round my area. Like a kick in the teeth every time i see one. But once I've finished uni and earning tonnes of cash i'll buy two :p
So you'll be modding the tyre r with your new found experience then lol. At least you can say you owned a gt86, got any pics of it? Also why are you going to buy two? Is one for me?

Friedchicken91":1hhyfqq0 said:
stevenn133":1hhyfqq0 said:

So you'll be modding the tyre r with your new found experience then lol. At least you can say you owned a gt86, got any pics of it? Also why are you going to buy two? Is one for me?

doubt i'll have money for modding lol. I never got the GT86 :( cancelled the order well before the delivery date.

Just figured i'd be earning so much money as an engineer that i could afford two lol. If i build something that makes me a millionaire then i'll buy you one :D

stevenn133":1i3r9cn3 said:
If i build something that makes me a millionaire then i'll buy you one :D
Your such a sweetie ;)
Try sticking around about bit more this time rather than going off the radar

Friedchicken91":1e043zas said:
stevenn133":1e043zas said:
If i build something that makes me a millionaire then i'll buy you one :D
Your such a sweetie ;)
Try sticking around about bit more this time rather than going off the radar

dont worry darling i wont :) so long as its not too far to come and im not working then i'll do my best to get there

My dad's not long traded in his Candy White Bocanegra a couple of months ago, which was brilliant! Apart from the fact that it was on it's second engine, ignition barrel, much worse MPG and overall performance than new and using 1 litre of oil every 400 miles...

good to have u back mate!! cant believe u r without twingo though :(

bet scarlett wasnt happy to be sold

civic looks good, mmmm vtec.

funky_d":2zd3cu6c said:
My dad's not long traded in his Candy White Bocanegra a couple of months ago, which was brilliant! Apart from the fact that it was on it's second engine, ignition barrel, much worse MPG and overall performance than new and using 1 litre of oil every 400 miles...
yeah mine had an engine at 8000 miles, gearbox felt sloppy after a few hundred miles too. MPG was ridiculous, when i went for it like i used to in the twingo, i averaged 15mpg!!

Daveyb133":2zd3cu6c said:

I do miss scarlett, but i could never have kept her, she was falling apart after just 2 years :(

Daveyb133":7o3ovlu3 said:

I do miss scarlett, but i could never have kept her, she was falling apart after just 2 years :([/quote]

Know exactly how u feel. Must be something about the red ones :(

Daveyb133":3bs60ed9 said:
Daveyb133":3bs60ed9 said:

I do miss scarlett, but i could never have kept her, she was falling apart after just 2 years :(

Know exactly how u feel. Must be something about the red ones :([/quote]

Must be. Lower arms after 18 months. Didn't wanna do them in another 18 months at £200 each

stevenn133":1c65bdgd said:

I know how you feel. I work at Toyota R&D Europe.. I see these GT86's daily in all shapes and colors and it's so frustrating because I really like it but it's not affordable.. yet.

MovingShadow":3dtizz6c said:
stevenn133":3dtizz6c said:

I know how you feel. I work at Toyota R&D Europe.. I see these GT86's daily in all shapes and colors and it's so frustrating because I really like it but it's not affordable.. yet.

just wait til it drops under £10,000 :p now thats a tasty proposition