I swore it wouldn't happen!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
I promised myself that with my Clio I'd let the hand car wash people clean it. It was only cheap so I wanted to keep it fuss free and just use it day to day.

Then the sun came out and I couldn't resist. As much as a £15 valet will get your car relatively clean, it's not a patch on doing it by hand inside and out, let alone a lot less paint friendly than a proper bit of care.

So gave the inside a wipe down with some Autoglym Rubber & Vinyl care and a decent vacuum.

5-9_zps585a3ead.jpg
[/URL]

Carbon wrapping still looks alright as well.

9-3_zps91dfa0dd.jpg

Then washed the outside of the car. Meguiars microfibre mitt, two buckets and Autoglym shampoo. Now personally this shampoo is a bit weak, to get a decent slickness to the water you have to use quite a lot (no wax to strip anyway) but it did the job of getting it clean.

Then followed up with a once over of Serious Detailing Deep Clean Polish which is very similar to Super Resin. Finally was waxed with some Valet Pro House Wax which I only bought because it was mega cheap. Results came out pretty good considering it was a budget clean/detail on a budget car haha.

1_zps245e478d.jpg

8_zpsf0abd933.jpg

7_zps89563fd7.jpg

6-4_zps744e8b27.jpg

2-14_zps5e922b94.jpg

4-11_zpsa4f5d761.jpg

3-12_zpsf14d249e.jpg

Yeah it definitely is loads better giving your car a wash yourself. Thing is I won't let anyone touch my Twingo or Megane but with nearly 10 years of car washes under it's belt I wasn't fussy with the Clio.

But for such a cheap car for me to buy I can't believe how well it comes up. A machine polish would have it pretty much mint. :)