how to take out the head unit

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matbry01

Reaction score
have seen a lot of you guy asking how to take out the standerd head init and acessing the speeker wires so i have made you a walk through :mrgreen:
(1) you need to remove this part first
P1030577-1.jpg

(2)under neith there is a line you need to get your finger nails in and pull it up where circled in red with both hands
P1030579.jpg

(3)if done properly it sould then look like this
P1030580.jpg

P1030581.jpg

(4)time for some brute force :twisted: do one side at a time where circled in red with your thumbs push up hard as the head unit sits in a plastic frame, on the frame where circled in green is a clip where the head unit is cliped into the main body of the center collum one the both sides is done it takes a little bit of force to pull it out.
P1030582.jpg

P1030583.jpg

maggi112":31glts1g said:
To add to this, I foudn it's the same on the newer style of headunits too, regardless of the holes there for stereo removal keys they're not needed :lol:
:lol: well for my first instruction walkthrough isit usefull simple to read lol ?

Do you know on the back of the head unit, what wires go where?

Because i am looking to add extra speakers but i dunno where to put it

HigtonA":shnrx75l said:
Do you know on the back of the head unit, what wires go where?

Because i am looking to add extra speakers but i dunno where to put it

the middle section is for front speekers and the top and bottom is for rear speekers
diagram shows all :p
eddited.jpg

Isn't that top for Front speakers, bottom for Rear?
I'm sure that's what it was for mine.

Nope I traced them out seems a weired set up but the diagram I got on hear is for the rear speakers I don't know on the front speaker setup.

maggi112":3oda9r0g said:
Just go by colours then not top to bottom...

Green is rear left
White is front left
grey is front right
violet is rear right

Ah, well there you go then, mine were different colours as well!