How much!!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well the time has come for my mum to sell her Twingo Gordini TCE. She's got her eyes on the new shape Clio in red, so we popped to the local dealership to see what they'd offer her.

Because of the state of the alloys, which aren't kerbed but have tarnished, they wouldn't budge above £3,500!! Frustrating thing is that even he said it looked like a manufacturing problem -

5F964A93-7AA8-4AA5-BF2C-79172E795DC9_zpszkmevliu.jpg

Car is in good condition otherwise and only had £18k on the clock.

Looks like I'll be getting the wheels refurbished in a normal silver finish and giving it a proper detail for a private sale!

The alloys are a manufacturing problem. I had all 4 of mine refurbed before I bought mine. The back 2 have started tarnishing already after a salty winter

Good luck with selling! Can't beat a good detail on a car before selling!

They're a bloody nightmare as my mum is a 'normal' car user so it goes to a car wash and doesn't always get cleaned weekly like I would do with my own cars.

That said part the reason I opted for the white Team Dynamics on my Gordini 133 was because of the fragility of the OEM wheels so they are being stored instead.

I think just a normal silver finish will look decent on this car though, I think white although would go with the spoiler and mirrors it's a bit in your face so may put off potential buyers.

Also, a friend of mine lives locally and is a pro detailer and I know is itching to get his hands on mum's car. A couple of days with him will make it look the best it can. Basically if she spends a few hundred quid, she'll get back a lot more than the part-ex price.

£4,500+ would be what I'd be aiming for so even with an outlay of £300 she'd be £700 up on the deal.

It's a tricky one because if you price a car at say, £5,195 with a view to take sub £5k you're putting it in the bracket of cars priced £5-6k which is not necessarily a price bracket someone would consider for a 2011 Twingo TCE.

I'm just hoping that with the condition the rest of the car is in (as in minimal wear and tear etc) that once it's detailed and the wheels re-done it'll be a great car for anyone looking in this price/car sector.

Serviced, taxed and MOT'd in the last week as well.

Alex_225":2i5iot0v said:
£4,500+ would be what I'd be aiming for so even with an outlay of £300 she'd be £700 up on the deal.

It's a tricky one because if you price a car at say, £5,195 with a view to take sub £5k you're putting it in the bracket of cars priced £5-6k which is not necessarily a price bracket someone would consider for a 2011 Twingo TCE.

I'm just hoping that with the condition the rest of the car is in (as in minimal wear and tear etc) that once it's detailed and the wheels re-done it'll be a great car for anyone looking in this price/car sector.

Serviced, taxed and MOT'd in the last week as well.

What does we buy any car offer?

I will see when I get home..

They usually offer sh!t all unless it's something they can shift on quick like a diesel Focus but I will have a look. :)