How do i make a 1.2 faster.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keke twingo

Reaction score
I have a stanced 1.2 dinamique and id like it to be abit quicker, is there anything i can do that will make a notisable improvement other than buying a gt or 133 haha.

Cheers.

@spitfire1 look through his thread some stunning ideas his car drives so fast and smooth too

Hi there. As Universe said Spitfire1 has the best thread to look at. I believe he's running around 93 bhp in his 1.2 16v and he's also got a crap tonne of handling mods as well!

Another alternative is what I did and just slap on a stupidly big pod filter on the engine and laugh every time you put your foot to the floor :p

Hi guys,

I have just joined Twingo133 to ask this exact question! :lol:

Got a bog standard 1.2 twingo "extreme sport" other than the stripe there's nothing sporty about it but I do love the car!

I've done endless searches and you get the usual idiots saying buy another car etc etc etc I don't want another car I just want mine to be faster!! :L

What options do I have? I've tried to look for @spitfire1 posts but can't quite find anything ,admittedly I'm a bit hopeless navigating around this site -_-

If someone could send me a few links or ideas I'd really appreciate it!

I've looked in to remapping but it seems to be pointless ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE :D

flowerpowerdave":ndgqsz0o said:
hi rob, did you ever have the R/R session?
Yep it was mapped at RS Tuning - worth it as it was over fuelling with all the mods, I'm getting about 52 mpg locally with it.

@Spitfire1

Did you already think about using the exhaust manifold of the ClioIII/Modus? I think with adaptations on the hose towards the catalyst, it should be possible to fit.

short
66_57%20(8).JPG

long
66_57.JPG

It has bigger single hose lengths, so maybe this could improve torque at low and mid range.

Oliver":2tgmlte1 said:
@Spitfire1

Did you already think about using the exhaust manifold of the ClioIII/Modus? I think with adaptations on the hose towards the catalyst, it should be possible to fit.

short
66_57%20(8).JPG

long
66_57.JPG

It has bigger single hose lengths, so maybe this could improve torque at low and mid range.
Hi Oliver.

Not really as the exhaust is bespoke with a 200 cel sports cat fitted, the existing manifold looked OK for what I was looking to do, if anything I would have one made but I don't think the benefits are worth the expense.

Rob.