How do I know if our car has the cup pack?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does your Mrs feel the need to wear a sports bra whilst in the car? If so it's probably got the Cup chassi! ;)

Sorry, I'm not much help! lol

With thanks to TwingoGeeko, I have found out that the car has cup suspension.

Now my next question :D

Is this something that I should be telling the insurance company???

Sky I think, I'd have to check with my wife as it's her car and her insurance!

Then yeah u will, for some reason it has to be declared even though its a factory option.

Daveyb133":37d3nhm3 said:
Then yeah u will, for some reason it has to be declared even though its a factory option.
Which should be different to a modification ;)

singlespeed":qr1yg9iu said:
Daveyb133":qr1yg9iu said:
Which should be different to a modification ;)

Not with all insurers though. When i declared it to admiral it cost more coz they classed it as a mod. Even the rs stickers put it up.

Admiral currently class stickers as external decorations which for me incurred no additional charge. If they're on the windows they need no declaration.

Every option should always be declared to them, where possible. They actually ask for modifications/optional extras, so regardless of how people feel about it, it needs to be answered. Similarly, I've spoken to people who have had issues with not declaring points as they have been removed from their licence, but are less than 5 years. Pretty much what most people have issue with

RTQ
ATQ

I don't imagine this will make any impact on any policy if the insurer is any good. I recently got quoted £330 for my cup. Not bad at 23

Mine is a Gordini with split seats and tinted windows but I'm sure it has the cup chassis. Holds the road brilliantly but everyone complains about the stiff ride. What can be done to make it easier to live with? The wheels are 17" and very low profile tyres.

nrvallen":12lbojgu said:
Mine is a Gordini with split seats and tinted windows but I'm sure it has the cup chassis. Holds the road brilliantly but everyone complains about the stiff ride. What can be done to make it easier to live with? The wheels are 17" and very low profile tyres.

Can't go for a higher profile as the wheels will scrub!

But you could go to 15s like others on here and run a 50 or 55 profile, not only will it ride abit better but there are very good tyres in the 195/55/15 size and are a lot cheaper than the OE 195/40/17 size.

Not much else except put a cushion on the seat :lol: and check all ball joints are in good condition as they are a common fault.

Driver's side at the front has started to get clunky over bumps, it's within warranty so I might have that looked at.

Smaller wheels with some thicker tyres might be the way to go then! Might have less groans from the girlfriend.

nrvallen":19p3vqoz said:
Driver's side at the front has started to get clunky over bumps, it's within warranty so I might have that looked at.

Smaller wheels with some thicker tyres might be the way to go then! Might have less groans from the girlfriend.
Noises over bumps could be the front wishbone ball joints. Now very well known.

Theres always 205/40/17 tyres which a common alternative

Will make some enquiries then. Just not noticed it sounding like this before.

Is there anything that can be done with the chassis to make it less harsh or am I beter off changing wheels/tyres for the desired effect?

nrvallen":7m3mvu8e said:
Is there anything that can be done with the chassis to make it less harsh or am I beter off changing wheels/tyres for the desired effect?

Buy a non-RS? :mrgreen:

Hi,

Just to clarify..my brother has a 2009 RS full fat with the "cup" option.
The "cup" option includes the wheel upgrade and the suspension upgrades.

The suspension upgrades included BOTH springs and shocks.
The springs have the purple paint mark on them and the shocks have a purple band.

If you look closely under the muck on the strut you can see the part number.
The cup part number is:
(Note: if you see the number 8200510547 mentioned this is just the plastic dust cover that sits over the top of the shocks)

They are approx £140 each and usually have to be ordered:
https://renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/products/Renault-Twingo-Shock-Absorber-%28Rear%29-**Cup-version**.html

Regards
Phil

I have split seats in the rear. 17 inch alloys. And tinted rear windows. So I'm guessing mine is a full fat cup.

Thought i'd just add, I've got purple on the springs like most mention, also a purple band right at the top of the shocks. It's an 08 plate.