Hi to all

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossie54

Reaction score
Hi my name is David from Manningtree (Essex/Suffolk border) and I am the proud new owner of Gordini No54. Loving it so far, although as this is my 14th Renault (and the 3rd on my drive at present) I know there may be minor niggles ahead. I might be one of the oldest members here as I am 52! I had a R11 Turbo which went when the twins were getting to big to lift in and out, so now they are nearly 23, gone back to some fun driving.

I'd love the previous owner to contact me, providing he has no horror stories and for him to know it has gone to a good home.

Regards

Welcome to the mad house, the previous owner is/was on the site. Try sending him a pm and see if he responds. Username: marknovaboy
Found him on the gordini numbers list.
viewtopic.php?t=78

Nice to know the dini has gone to a good home. No horror stories in my 3 years of ownership, had a few issues but all common Twingo problems and all sorted under warranty. ECU reprogrammed to sort out cold running problem, steering column replaced due to defective power steering motor, front ball joints replaced. I can honestly say out of all the cars that I have owned the Twingo was by far the most fun and enjoyable car I have ever had. If not for a change in my job and now doing many more miles I never would have parted with it.
Traded it in for this

Thanks for all the kind hellos.

Mark: happy to hear I have bought wisely. Must say been impressed by the dealer so far and I assume you were to as they sorted items under warranty and you went back. Just one curious question - when I collected it the car was missing the roof stripes - what happened?

Dealer has put them back on for me free of charge so very happy.

What happened was the stripes had started to lift and it was agreed that they would be replaced under warranty, the car went in to have them done the old stripes were removed only to find the wrong ones had been sent, by this time I had already ordered my new car so by the time the correct stripes arrived it was only a couple of weeks until I collected the new one so the we agreed that it would be easier to wait until the car was traded in to replace the stripes which obviously didn't happen until you questioned it.
As far as Holden Renault go as a dealer I really can't fault them on there service and will happily keep using them.

So that explains it. Thanks again for the info. Hope you enjoy your Clio, looks very nice. Didn't go for the renaultsport one then?