Hello!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGow

Reaction score
Hiya all! My name is Chris. I've recently fallen in love with the RS twingo and have been flicking through the forum for the past week or so. All your cars look incredible and everytime I see them it makes me want one more and more! I am trying to get some money together in order to purchase one very soon. Currently driving a VW fox which is my first car and I have a lot of love for it but crave an exciting ride. I'm going on a test drive this weekend and am going to go from there.
I think I will try and get enough £ together to opt for the full fat model with cup chassis! Would possibly also look to fit a k-tek exhaust system - not sure if any of you have this system, if so what are your thoughts? Will either join the many of you with a White one or maybe go for a black model.

Nice to join such a good forum! I shall keep you posted on how I get on with my quest for the car!

Hi and welcome.

The 133s are great fun cars. Enjoy the test drive and hope you get the one you're after :) . Ff + cup chassis sounds like a good choice to me ;)

welcome mate. good choice :) full fat car + cup chassis sounds good to me too

Welcome to the forums :)

I have to say, Full Fat + Cup, it's what I've got and it's come in handy loads of times :D

EDIT: Just a though, if you go Black, expect to clean it all the time and be terrified of scratching it!

I seriously can't wait to test drive one this weekend and find out if it really is as much fun to drive as I believe it will be!

@madmatt - Good call, my fox at the moment is in black so I am used to having to constantly clean it, which with no outside water point can prove a pain in the ass with constant trips inside the house to fill up the bucket being necessary.

madmatt":1fa7hi0y said:
Welcome to the forums :)

I have to say, Full Fat + Cup, it's what I've got and it's come in handy loads of times :D

EDIT: Just a though, if you go Black, expect to clean it all the time and be terrified of scratching it!

Once you go black you never go back!

Thanks for the many warm welcomes guys, and gals! Just a little update for you, I had the test drive in a used 133 w/o cup chassis but with a k-tech exhaust system, overall very happy with the drive but a big part of me wants to get one new so it will truly be mine, if that makes any sense! The used twinge came to £6000/7000 after the £3100 p/ex price for the fox had been taken into account, which for a used non cup chassis seemed a little bit steep to me?

Are any of you on finance plans through a Renault dealer? If so how competitive can they be?

Hope that you are all still looming enjoying and looking after your 133's!

Got any more details on the one that you were looking at? For around the £10k total mark, I would have thought you should roughly be seeing a 10 plate with ~10k miles (for a ff with cup chassis)

Welcome to the forum and good luck with purchasing a 133, you won't regret buying one.

Remember to push the dealers hard to get the best deal possible, it's amazing what they'll do to make the sale, when pushed, lol.