Hakosuka Racing Introduction

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar

Reaction score
Hello chaps, how are you all doing this fine, roasting hot evening?

So let me tell you a little bit about myself. As you guys already know, I am in the fortunate position of being an qualified RTE (Renault Technical Expert) and over the past few years I've been working in an independent garage. This has given me a great knowledge of all things automotive and I am still learning new things everyday! I enjoy coming on here to help you all out wherever I can

Over the years I have seen what servicing parts work on Renault cars for the better, and for the worse when it comes to OE quality service items as well as OEM items. A lot of people are put off by what I can only describe as ''grease monkeys'' who really do match the stereotype, who tell people that if it's not OEM then it's ''cheap crap'' in an attempt to scare you into believing that it will brake on you and destroy your car... but this really could not be any further from the truth!.

Companies like crossland, guttmann, valeo, gates, continental, purflex, mann to name but a few amongst many make excellent OEM equipment for various companies such as Infiniti / Nissan / Mercedes / Ford / Vauxhall / PSA / Renault and the list goes on. Even Renault themselves might use a Mahle air filter on a Twingo and then previous models may have featured filters of the same quality which were made by different companies. The decision for Renault to go with this company, or that company rests purely on the cheapest bulk buy price at the time of manufacturing and nothing more.

I also understand how daunting it can be for some people to track down the correct OEM / OE quality parts on a budget, especially when genuine renault dealerships charge so much. For example, 4 spark plugs / cabin filter / 5L elf oil / oil filter / sump washer / brake pads / discs plus the required sundries for the job cost a customer close to £200 including vat on parts alone.

you still reading? cool, well ... over the next few weeks I will be doing an introductory offer of a full service kit with a mixture of OEM / OE spec parts. For every sale, I will donate a few pennies to this forum because Neil & Matt + all the guys never ask for a penny!

sneak peak -

full 12,500 mile service kits for both the TCE & K4M (GT / 133) using genuine renault NGK spark plugs, petronas oil to meet renault requirements, cabin filter, oil filter, sump plug washer, a pair of gloves to keep your hands pretty. for twingo133.net members only I will include a sump plug removal tool for free.

full timing belt kit to include a waterpump (minus the dephaser, available only from renault thankfully in this case) for both the TCE & K4M engines.

full aux belt kit for both the TCE & K4M.

Full TCE Front Mounted Intercooler Kit, made to measure with no modifications required whatsoever

All orders will come with a free gift that will make your day, I promise. The only clue I'll leave you with is ... christmas 1985.

Thanks for spending 4 hours reading this,

David.

Dave this is epic!, just one question though........ Why Hakosuka? Apart from the fact that they are the coolest piece of J-Tin on the planet of course and I'd love to own one. FACT.

merely my ode to the most beautiful piece of sculpture ever created, with all it's imperfections it's what makes it such an alluring feat of engineering. we've all got to aim high so to speak. perhaps one day, many moons into the future i hope that i may come up with something in some shape or form that will be held in the same regard :)

the intercooler itself will come with a little 'hakosuka' plate with it's own unique production number, although i understand that there are limited TCE owners out there who are actively looking for an intercooler kit but my aim is to always help where i can. i'll never sell crap that nobody want's and you'll never see me popping up with silly offers, after all .. it's the little things that matters.

thanks for the kind words as always though, it's appreciated!

This is an utterly brilliant idea. Imagine there would be lots of interest! Me included. Nice to know and feel like you aren't being ripped off and some of it goes towards having the luxury of getting top advice on tap!

currently in the process of sorting out accounts with the correct parts distributors so that i can secure the best possible prices. i will be up and running fully by christmas at the latest although i expect to be trading around the end of october / november.

i will be trading on peugeot 207 owners club www.207oc.com as well, so if you need any parts for any other car for your friends then don't hesitate to get in touch. personally, i'm sick of traders trying to flog you crap that you don't need so i hope to brake the mould.

i also won't hesitate to point you in the direction of another trader or website if i know that they are doing fantastic deals on certain products that i do not stock :)

Nice one!! defo interested, intercooler thats made to measure, good luck for the future oscar/david.

thanks for the kind words as always dave!

the intercooler will be 110 cm in height approximately, and will be good for 250 bhp or around 30 psi perfect for the GT and will allow it to fit in without any modifications to the front bumper. the piping will also be supplied pre-cut and will come ready to fit, hopefully that will sort out the age old problem of having to butcher your front bumper

oscar":1w6h9l0s said:
thanks for the kind words as always dave!

the intercooler will be 110 cm in height approximately, and will be good for 250 bhp or around 30 psi perfect for the GT and will allow it to fit in without any modifications to the front bumper. the piping will also be supplied pre-cut and will come ready to fit, hopefully that will sort out the age old problem of having to butcher your front bumper

Fair play mate :) I wish you all the best, only wish you had done an intercooler kit before I fucked the car and spend 160£ on samco stuff to make my mishimoto one fit the existing ktec boost pipes hahaha

Dave check your message inbox pal RE Oil Filter. Payment sent.

oscar":14rcnslq said:
personally, i'm sick of traders trying to flog you crap that you don't need so i hope to brake the mould.

nice to see someone else that thinks this too :)

Oil filter received Dave. Cracking service pal, bump for Hakosuka Racing! It's amazing the difference just a simple oil change makes. Car feels more responsive on the throttle and throughout the revs.

AS_BO":34c4sv11 said:
Oil filter received Dave. Cracking service pal, bump for Hakosuka Racing! It's amazing the difference just a simple oil change makes. Car feels more responsive on the throttle and throughout the revs.

If you combine this with changing the spark plugs & air filter, it feels like a completely different car!

sullii94":4w7acz5k said:
AS_BO":4w7acz5k said:

If you combine this with changing the spark plugs & air filter, it feels like a completely different car!

I put a green cotton filter in last night........ It does feel a lot different trust me! And one hell of a noise to boot!

thanks matty, did you 'de-bung' the air filter housing and all ?

oscar":3amaob0x said:
thanks matty, did you 'de-bung' the air filter housing and all ?

I did Dave. So I get growl below 3K and above 4.5K it sounds like it's gonna suck the world in whole! Not sure if you've ever heard an F4R with a panel in but there is this intense suction noise behind the induction roar. To my ears it sounds the nuts! It's sounds really similar now!

i have, it's a beautiful sound isn't it!? theres a few boys who are on cs.net locally who's cars i take care off and they have the big induction set ups and 428 cams etc. sounds absolutely ridiculous!

oscar":hg3bh8ol said:
i have, it's a beautiful sound isn't it!? theres a few boys who are on cs.net locally who's cars i take care off and they have the big induction set ups and 428 cams etc. sounds absolutely ridiculous!

It certainly is chap. I've had the pleasure of driving a 182 on catcams 428's and it was the lairiest little sod on 4 wheels! Loved it!

Wishing you all the best with your business, and I may be calling upon your services sooner or later, does depend if work will sort me out with decent discount on parts though as I recently took a new job working for Renault.

you should get a staff discount of 60% mate although some general managers can be fussy about that and offer you ziltch! good luck with your new job