Fuse box help

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currieravfc

Reaction score
I have brought an in car camera and need to wire it into the fuse box. Although its not supposed to affect anything I don't want to take out something important like airbags and them not work when plugged back in. Any recommendations on which is ok to take out e.g interior lighting-wrap cable round and plug back in and which one it is

So what out of them is live when the ignition is off? I need one that's on and one that's off when cars turned off.

on the instructions, did it mention a particular fuse you've to wire it into or any particular system that it's to route through? i would have thought that you'd be better to use one of the free fuse bays and then wire it in from there so that the camera has it's own fuse. you could also use an inline (bayonet) type fuse assuming the wiring is hidden.

glad to see you've figured it all out though, what camera did you go for in the end dude?

I've got a blackvue dr500gw-hd works really well quite impressed. As a 20 year old in a sporty car I highly doubt anyone would take my side in a 50\50 so I got it for that reason along with recording a euro road trip in July and potential trackdays. I used fuse 14 which I think was "alarm" for a live, wired the earth and the product also wanted a aac or acc which was a fuse which was off when the car was off so I used the rear heated window.

jealous :/ wouldn't mind a little trip around europe myself, do you have any particular tracks in mind that you'd like to visit?? spa / monza are two that are high on my priorities to drive one day

I don't want to do a track day in Europe just incase I write it off and can't get home. I almost booked Bedford autodrome last Saturday with javelin track days but the weather looked iffy. I'm planning Eurotunnel, rheims, Geneva, alps, baden baden, bit of autobahn, spa (just to look around), bruges

i think once you get to spa dude, you will be fighting the devil inside yourself about going out on track. take it easy, enjoy yourself and don't race anybody. trackdays are about having fun, and getting to drive such an iconic track such as spa will be hard to turn down no doubt but i completely understand the risk in having an accident especially when it's your daily driver in question. all the same i wish you all the best, and it's safe to say everyone reading this is jealous. it's just me that's willing to admit it :D