full wrap in liquid yellow

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenD133

Reaction score
ive not seen or heard anything like this on the fourm yet, ive seen liquid yellow 133 on pics etc and it looks stunning so im very tempted to get my car full wrapped in liquid yellow as it would be rare and look awsum whats ur thoughts on it guys/girls?

i know there painted LY abroad but for some reason they do it here im not sure if its in production as an optional extra in europe or it was a 1 off

LY was only done for promo's on the Twingo. You won't see it on any factory line, or showroom model as the factory where the LY paint is applied is in another factory to where the Twingo is built.

Such a shame as it's a loverly colour :)

You wouldn't get the same finish from a wrap and you'll be lucky to get a close match. It would look nice though!

Agreed with matt, won't be the same. Liquid yellow is a very special colour that looks different in different lights, and is lush.

Storm grey could be wrapped though...

It would be rare but it wouldn't be the real deal if you wrapped a car in that colour.

Admittedly it would look pretty good but I think the smaller dimensions of the Twingo don't lend themselves as well as the Clio or Megane did. Bit like the Clio 182 didn't look as good as the Megane 225 in Inferno.

I think it will suit more than the clio alex, because the colour will let the details shine through. Black hides the lines on the 133, the massive arches etc would stand out in yellow. It looks great in the show pictures

You're right about black, it does hide all the little details on the car.

The only thing is with liquid yellow, it's nice to see nice long clean lines where as the Twingo breaks up the colour with details like the big fog light surrounds etc.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it'd look bad, especially with black wheels etc but you can't beat the classic Megane R26 in liquid yellow. In a way it's nice they've stopped the colour as it means the previous RenaultSports in that colour are that bit more exclusive.

Also, it was a £1,200 option on the Megane and I'm sure the same went for the Clio. On a car like the Twingo which is relatively cheap, how many people would want to spend that on the colour? :shock:

realisticly it is much cheaper than getting it painted though i do agree wouldnt be the same but would be somthing special i found a pic on google ive attached it its a small pic but looks awsum

Attachments

• liquid yellow 133.jpg
    liquid yellow 133.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 10,448
Alex_225":2trrv42e said:
Also, it was a £1,200 option on the Megane and I'm sure the same went for the Clio. On a car like the Twingo which is relatively cheap, how many people would want to spend that on the colour? :shock:

Yep its £1,200 on the 200 too, hence why mine was GW :lol:

Haha I assumed it was that or at least a similar price.

Thing is a lot of people buy the Twingo because it's cheap, hence the critisism the Gordini has recieved for being a fair bit more. So to give the option of Liquid Yellow at £1k+, it just doesn't seem logical as much as us RenaultSport fans would like to see it.

Also, RenaultSport like to have 'the' colour for each model. For example the Megane 225 was advertised in Inferno, the Megane R26 was advertised in Liquid Yellow and the Twingo 133 initially seemed to be pictured a lot in red and now press shots show Glacier White. Guess they've just progressed it in a different colour.

totaly agree alex its ashame cause RS are knowin for bold colours albi blue liquid yellow capsi red etc personally i wouldnt pay 1k to get it painted LY but would make nice touch with the black 17s black rs spoiler and defuser as i say its a thought cause it aint cheap at £700 would look great though

If you could wrap the car yourself and get the wrap quite cheap I reckon it'd be a worthwhile option.

Although I think maybe a completely non-Renault colour would be cool like matt orange or something a bit crazy. :D

Wraps look nice from the outside. But I would get hysteric each time I would get in or out the car.Because with a wrap the inside of the car will still have the original colour.

If you want it totally different, than go for liquid Yellow, but a total repaint.

If I could have £2000 ish to get the whole car painted then I would but wrap is much cheaper but I'm thinking about it cause I k ow for a fact idle the only Ly 133 in the country witch is why I want it cause it would be rare as 133s are not to common witch I like

Wrap if you get a stone chip or a scratch will make it more noticable

Liquid Yellow with the Black Alloys on a 133

is it so wrong that i would love to see that.

if they did that Yellow it would take over white and black thats my view anyway.

I'm with u nick would look immense that's why I'm thinking about it and the fact no. 1 else has mentioned it so il see how it goes but it's somthing it would b the only 1 in the uk so pretty cool at that fact