Free Silverstone Track Day

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordyb

Reaction score
Hi. I have recently bought a Twingo RS Silverstone.

can anyone tell me how i go about getting my free Silverstone track day?
Thanks
Gordy

You should get a letter through in the post which will need to be signed for. I got mine the other day and it has a booking reference, from there you can call renault and book your track day from there.

You get 5 laps in a clio 200 then 5 more in the megane 250. I can't wait to do mine! Might hold out until may or something next year so its good weather!

maggi112":3r4krpqv said:
Sounds it. But I deffo remember reading it as a track day in the blurb! Totally different things

On the website it's down as;
Explore its limits...on the track for which it's born

Lucky buyers of a new Silverstone GP limited edition will receive a free Renaultsport Trackday Experience at Silverstone, usually worth £175, where you'll be able to take the wheel alongside a fully-qualified instructor. This is a fantastic opportunity to feel these cars' potential, in a safe environment, with expert tuition.

Don't know if it changed from an initial press release or such. Meh - still looks like great fun to take a 200 or 150 round the track and not have to worry about wear on your own car ;)

It is a track experience yeah, I also initially thought it would be a track day but will still be great fun, especially having a go in the 250!

I will just have to go to another track day to take my car out :)

hey. well this sucks.
I phoned Silverstone today to arrange a time that i can take my track experience i got with my Twingo RS Silverstone, and they havnt actually got any dates for it yet.

This sucks as the ticket is only valid until June 2012.
hmmmm, hope they get something sorted soon!

Usually they only run these sorts of things at certain times of the year or weather permitting. I booked an experience for someone as a Christmas present and when I asked about dates they told me to check in a few weeks as the 2012 dates were yet to be announced. Just keep trying :)

I jkust had to buy a new drivers license as i lost my paper counterpart, which you need on the day. Make sure you all have one before you go, as me and my friends are good at losing ours! Then again, you guys have probably been to track days already and know the score. Any one been on the silverstone track experience yet? Im a complete noob to track days/experiences, never been to a track, even as a spectator, only to full contact derbies xD

I'm in a bit of if a pickle here!

I phoned silverstone yesterday, and they have only got 2 dates for this so far and no promise of other dates.

But the dates are end of feb, and start of march!
I can not A- make these days
And B - afford it in those months!

I was holding out for nearer the finish date on the ticket of the end of June!!

Wat to do? Do uz reckon they will add more dates!!?
Ta

decbolton":346bc6mx said:
youll have to keep us updated on this as i need to know also, i cant afford it taht soon

I am the same, feb and march are far to close to Xmas etc and Im skint. Was needing a few months to save! Lol.

By I really want to go!!!!! Haha

Hi, Just noticed the height and weight limit, I'm about an inch under ( ooh matron! ) but about a stone over - do they actually weigh you during the registration ?. Looks as if I need to lay off the bacon butties for a while !
Cheers, Den

SilverstoneSixteen":2gttttam said:
Hi, Just noticed the height and weight limit, I'm about an inch under ( ooh matron! ) but about a stone over - do they actually weigh you during the registration ?. Looks as if I need to lay off the bacon butties for a while !
Cheers, Den

Height and weight for silverstone track experience? What are the requirements?
Im 5ft 11" and weigh 12st 9lb

got mine booked for the 27th May.

as far as the expiry date goes, it just has to be booked before that date... cause i was given an option in august, but the end date on the voucher is June.

Finally did mine on the 12th May on the "International" South circuit which includes the Hangar straight, Stowe, Vale, Club, Abbey and Village, you get 5 laps each in a Clio 197 and a Megane 250, with an instructor. Both cars were quite long in the tooth and felt a bit neutered compared to my Twingo. You enter the track just after Stowe - nail it in first, second and third, hard on brakes then hold 3rd gear through Vale, full throttle and into 4th through club taking a wider line than you'd think for good exit speed onto the Pits straight. Abbey and Farm can be taken flat in a Clio, you don't have to brake until Village, or just after it if you are a complete tosser like me ( just managed to get it pointing in roughly the right direction for the Hanger straight). The instructors are pretty sound so don't be frightened to floor it at every opportunity - it's not your motor and you will be have been stung for £10.00 to reduce the insurance excess from £1500.00 to zero. You also get a "hot" passenger lap in the Megane - not brilliant as we were baulked by a selection of Ferraris and Audi R8's and the guy pulled in after 3/4 of a lap!. Not bad but I was glad I wasn't paying for it.

had my track day sunday 27th may....

the most amazing adrenaline rush i think i've ever had...

clio was ok, but when i got to the 2nd lap in the megane, something clicked and i just went a bit mental, had the car on the edge on most of the corners, the back end was jumping round, accelerated smoothly as i hit the apex, and the car drifts to the opposite edge..

the most amazing bit was the 2 seater formula 1 car was out, i crept up to the ferrari 360 and the f1 car came behind so i let him pass, and the ferrari did too. the instructor guy then said... "there's loads of room, you gunna have him or what?" so i then took the ferrari and late braked for the corner... watching the video my wife done, the ferrari actually came out the pits behind me, so within 4 laps i'd got round to lap him :twisted: :mrgreen: :cool:

amazing day...