First MOT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex_225

Reaction score
Well it seems to have come round rather quickly but my Gordini is 3 years old and has just had her first MOT!!! :shock:

As you'd expect for a car with exactly 1,195 miles on the clock it passed with no issues. I also treated the car to a service with my local Renault dealership who I must admit always provide a really good service.

Only one thing to report, the bushes on the lower arms both sides are knackered. The mechanic took me down to show me and although no movement in them at all they were definitely shot.

So with the car being just out of warranty I gave Renault Customer Services a call, they then contacted the dealership who backed up the fact that the car had such low mileage and that the parts had failed and not worn. Can't grumble as they have offered to pay the full repair (about £400) and they recognise that there are uprated parts they now fit so there is an issue (as we know) with them.

All I can say is that if you have a 133 within warranty, check the bushes on the lower arms as they appear to wear with time not mileage.

7.jpg

I do like your motors Alex:lol:

You can't sound surprised its past with that many miles on her! Crikey I though I didn't go far in mine! Do you garage the Twingo or does she live outside?

Good to see its passed not that it's any surprise. It's interesting that even your lower arm bushes have gone.

This one sits outside. I'm quite lucky really that my neighbours don't mind me parking outside my garage as the driveway between our houses is shared to access the garages at the back but they don't put a car in their garage.

I do cover my Twingo though so it stays dry unless it's left in the rain like today. lol This is where the Twingo gets to hide out..

Driveway.jpg

Friedchicken91":c855t3r2 said:
Good to see its passed not that it's any surprise. It's interesting that even your lower arm bushes have gone.

Are these that much of a problem???

Are they the same on the face lifted model??

Don't know about the face lifts I'm afraid, it sounds like Renault recognised this as a problem as they replaced the ones on my girlfriend's old 133 about a year ago when it went in for a health check, so they recognised the problem at least at that point.

You'd think they'd addressed the problem by the phase lift but maybe someone else can confirm.

My Mrs car had done 7k and was 2 years old, again bushes split but no movement much like mine. Mine have worn due to age more than mileage I would assume.