FCS - Your Feedback Please

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
I have put this in here so that more people who came would see it!

We would like your full and honest feedback about FCS so that we can pass this onto the organisers.

Good and Bad please!!!

Tryin to get in was abit of a joke took me 50 minutes getting in.

The VIP tent could of been bigger like last year and had more food in most of the stuff was gone by the time I got in there.

They could of gave us more space to park as a club the amount of empty space there was we could of had.

Could of been more traders there wasn't alot to buy.

Part from that thought it was good

I posted my thoughts to 197.net when they asked, but... One more thing too add after talking to Paul, black flagging sponsors twice who paid for all day on the track who want to showcase their car for being 0.9dB over even when they turned the boost all the way down.

Was a Really Good Day out, but i Agree with Dazza the crawl in was a bit long and the VIP tent could have been bigger, they knew the amount of VIP tickets that had been sold and should have prepared more :) also a few more traders would have been good.

overall good day out though :)

Nothing more to add to those above, The route in was not too bad, but could have been better, the VIP area was big enough to hold 25-30 people max (there were 186 renaults there). Would have liked a few more traders. In all honesty, i thought it was a great day and weekend.

It's what you make of it. And as we're all good mates and everyone gets on it was a great weekend. Simple as that really. Agree with the above comments.

Saxo lot infield was inspired though :p

waitey":n4sxu9kv said:
I posted my thoughts to 197.net when they asked, but... One more thing too add after talking to Paul, black flagging sponsors twice who paid for all day on the track who want to showcase their car for being 0.9dB over even when they turned the boost all the way down.
They would let my mate take his evo on the track when he asked cos it's 119db's lol

A good show all in all Karl. I think something needs to be done about that entry route though like others have said. On the good side though we were in a damn good spot, right next to the PFC room and in the middle of all the action so try and secure that place again for next year please :)

In regards to the VIP tent, I spoke to a lady at RUK around midday and said "Can I ask what time you're serving lunch?" and she explained that all the BBQ/grill food had gone by 11am and alls they had left were crisps and biscuits.
Apparently over 300 VIP passes sold, so they probably didn't anticipate how much food they needed to bring.
I ended up having to grab something off that burger bar and the burger was stone cold. Cooked, but left out for ages.

It would have been good to see the new Twingo in the flesh and I expected a few more traders to be present too.

Overall a great turnout and I was satisfied with how the day went :)

I'm with Sam, the VIP tent wasn't very good as they had run out of food very quickly. Also with the VIP goody bags the people that got there first got a renault bag and different key rings etc, then people that went later on didn't get as much nice a stuff. Ok fair enough they got there first but we all payed the same price for the ticket so would have been nice to get everything.

Oh and if you bought more than one ticket you both didn't get all the goodies. You got like a supplementary bag to the first without the nice key ring.

Next year deffo buying two tickets separately rather than 2 on one purchase as it just doesn't work.

And the tent agreed on food. I ended up spending more on a burger van as we were starving. And as Carrie is veggie she simply wasn't catered for by anyone!

maggi112":lh82r1gt said:
Oh and if you bought more than one ticket you both didn't get all the goodies. You got like a supplementary bag to the first without the nice key ring.

lucky boy, we didn't even get the nice key ring out of 2 bags.

Well I did. And a megane sport light one. Carrie only got the megane sport one. Which when i paid the same for both tickets is disappointing. Perhaps even some orientation towards the club we came with too? Im not sure what I would do with megane sport merchandise. And it's not like Karl didn't have the lanyards they could have bought from him to fill ours up with

Dazza1":2boe9ora said:
What nice key ring I had 3 bags
There was a metal one with the rs chequers on it. You went after me so probably didn't get it either.

3e0344b2-5855-813c.jpg

This one. Perhaps next year on the ticket sales the 'stand pass per ticket' should read 'per purchase' or there should be an option. And what car you will be bringing also so the spilt between clubs is known

it was a realy gud show do agree with some of the above but for there first fcs show think it went relly well so over all great show

Oh other issues:

Sign posting... Where was it? Club stands werent posted. There wasn't any posting (except that left from download) to the show either for say the west gate which was recommended!

And the photographer... From what I've seen he can only have pictured say half the cars. And even then some of the shots are a little... Cough... Amateur

It was a new venue and things had changed since last year which had set a reasonably high standard of displays and attractions, so there was bound to be issues

Donington/FCS
Access - could have been better organised a two into one doesn't work and I think we were actualy lucky getting in reasonably quickly. For a car show where presentation is important, would it have been too much trouble to get a roadsweeper in to clean up the main access?

Club parking - I don't now what happens next year if theres more of us, as there wasn't much free space and what there was got filled with random overflow from elsewhere. Is there room to expand?

Traders - Did some drop out as the list of traders looked better than the ones I actualy saw. I got the impression stands were more thrown together unlike last year. Maybe this was due to the events on Saturday meaning less time to set up, but also hampered by the access problem.
- The pit lane garages were used to better effect last year

Renault UK / 133.net / 197 / Meganesport
Where was the new Twingo? In hind sight, it was obvious a while ago that we probably wouldn't have one as a members car. I expected RUK to have the new RS, otherwise I would have brought Karens down

VIP upgrade - What happened to lunch and why so much variation between the goodie bags?
- A bigger area (like the garage I thought we were using) would have been better for sitting about having a gas with the other clubs.

Passenger laps - queueing for a non existant lid. I would have brought a helmet if I'd known they were going to be in short supply.

I know the above comments are negative, but generaly as a club and group of clubs, it was a good social gathering which is the thing that realy makes it worth while. If everything comes together better for next year, it would be awesome.