F4RT Powered Alien

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/OOGIozbrgQ4[/quote]

Holy ****** haha that is FAST! We need more lol. Do you have anything on the build itself?[/quote]

give me a week or so, i want to install a new engine mount and a torque link, i wait for the parts, than i can make documantations for you.

autoyasin":d86ayzg0 said:
https://youtu.be/OOGIozbrgQ4

Holy ****** haha that is FAST! We need more lol. Do you have anything on the build itself?[/quote]

give me a week or so, i want to install a new engine mount and a torque link, i wait for the parts, than i can make documantations for you.[/quote]

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

So that’s roughly 60mph to 120mph in just over 12 seconds ish? Not too shabby!

What engine mount are you installing?

Dave_133":3a2pp2yn said:
So that’s roughly 60mph to 120mph in just over 12 seconds ish? Not too shabby!

What engine mount are you installing?

Thanks mate! Ehm Vibra Technics mounts. The originals are to soft, the megane 3 rs has an advantage, it has 2 torque links, we have one. I hope the new ones help.

Ah yes! I have the top engine vibra technics one. Yet to get the gearbox one. It’s on my list though. As I’ve had that one snap on my other 1.6 one!

Dave_133":39s0610y said:
Ah yes! I have the top engine vibra technics one. Yet to get the gearbox one. It’s on my list though. As I’ve had that one snap on my other 1.6 one!

The gearbox one broke on mine too! Currently running only the top vibra one..

Roadrunner1100":wscggqs0 said:
Dave_133":wscggqs0 said:

Think it’s fairly common, I’ve seen a few people on Facebook with the same mount go. There’s two different versions of the vibra gearbox ones. One taller than the other wasn’t 100% which one was correct to order

Dave_133":90l1kbup said:
Roadrunner1100":90l1kbup said:
Dave_133":90l1kbup said:

Think it’s fairly common, I’ve seen a few people on Facebook with the same mount go. There’s two different versions of the vibra gearbox ones. One taller than the other wasn’t 100% which one was correct to order

Mines broke too with the original engine, but with this gearbox, i must use the meagne 3 rs mount

Set of team dynamics turned up today! 16” I’ve gone for, they’ve got a good set of Uniroyal Rainsports 3 on them. I’ll see how they go first before I order probably AD08r’s. I’ll get a set of PMS wheel spacers and bolts and the Brembos should fit perfectly then.

769c834c7c1b07ff0a2ed9111329b884.jpg

Tool for flashing ECU hasn’t turned up yet, hoping it will tomorrow.

Dave_133":2y8o5f3p said:
Set of team dynamics turned up today! 16” I’ve gone for, they’ve got a good set of Uniroyal Rainsports 3 on them. I’ll see how they go first before I order probably AD08r’s. I’ll get a set of PMS wheel spacers and bolts and the Brembos should fit perfectly then.

769c834c7c1b07ff0a2ed9111329b884.jpg

Tool for flashing ECU hasn’t turned up yet, hoping it will tomorrow.

I have TD’s as my winterwheels and they’re great!

autoyasin":25i24giy said:
Dave_133":25i24giy said:
Roadrunner1100":25i24giy said:
Dave_133":25i24giy said:

Mines broke too with the original engine, but with this gearbox, i must use the meagne 3 rs mount

What sort of fabrication work was needed to get the mounts to line up and to make everything fit?

1cc451fd63c9baea20fc521202b5cd4b.jpg

Looks much better now, bit of an arch gap but I’ll sort that out soon enough! Need to get some centrecaps ordered too.

Roadrunner1100":5ybhds35 said:
autoyasin":5ybhds35 said:
Dave_133":5ybhds35 said:
Roadrunner1100":5ybhds35 said:
Dave_133":5ybhds35 said:

What sort of fabrication work was needed to get the mounts to line up and to make everything fit?

Top engine mount and gearbox mount line up no problem, but you need to take some out the chassis leg by the gearbox mount cos the box is much bigger. The bottom torque link or dog bone however you choose to describe it needs modifying. You can either weld a plate on the subframe and go from there to the engine or make up a completely new dog bone itself.

And then you need to cut apart the subframe in multiple places for everything else to fit

What sort of fabrication work was needed to get the mounts to line up and to make everything fit?[/quote]

If you want the Meg 3 rs engine and gearbox, you must do much more than the Meg 2 rs. The Gearbox mount ist completely different and the engine mount must stand 15 mm or so higher as the original TRS.

Give me few days to show you the mounts :)

Miller":3sc6h674 said:
The new wheels look good. Ride on 16" and 15" is a bonus as well as the reduced weight. You will notice the difference.

Thanks, there’s a much wider choice in tyres for 16” too, that was another reason for going for them and they came along at a good price!

Dave_133":1gpjr4cn said:
1cc451fd63c9baea20fc521202b5cd4b.jpg

Looks much better now, bit of an arch gap but I’ll sort that out soon enough! Need to get some centrecaps ordered too.

That looks amazing!! The color makes it look so much better than mine.. dammit haha. A little drop would make it perfect!

What sort of fabrication work was needed to get the mounts to line up and to make everything fit?[/quote]

Top engine mount and gearbox mount line up no problem, but you need to take some out the chassis leg by the gearbox mount cos the box is much bigger. The bottom torque link or dog bone however you choose to describe it needs modifying. You can either weld a plate on the subframe and go from there to the engine or make up a completely new dog bone itself.

And then you need to cut apart the subframe in multiple places for everything else to fit[/quote]

Quite a big job then?...

autoyasin":8ggm5taa said:

If you want the Meg 3 rs engine and gearbox, you must do much more than the Meg 2 rs. The Gearbox mount ist completely different and the engine mount must stand 15 mm or so higher as the original TRS.

Give me few days to show you the mounts :)[/quote]

Ah Alright. The meg3 RS Engine seems more tempting tho.. my current plan is still to turbo the 1.6 as it should be cheaper but i would love a meg 250 Engine!!

It’ll be a big job either with the 225 or the 250 engine. If you’re doing it yourself then it’ll be a hell of a lot cheaper. If I didn’t have the knowledge I never would’ve paid someone to do it for me, so many hours gone into it.

I’ve said before that turboing the 1.6 would be cheaper and a lot easier. Seems like you can get good numbers out of it too without forging. I just wanted mine to be truly unique however haha