Exhaust mid box blown

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleysteven

Reaction score
My mid box (small silencer) has been blown along the seal for a while now, I used holts gum gum for a temporary fix but now it's blowing again and gum gum isn't going to keep it sealed forever. I either want to replace the small silencer with a straight pipe. Get it properly fixed or get a whole new exhaust. I'm open to suggestions...

Could just someone to weld along the seal where it's blowing, wouldn't cost that much to have done. Personally I'd get it chopped out and a bit of straight pipe put in to replace it. Or depending on your budget get a whole stainless system.

K tech downpipe system is what I replaced mine with. Mine did the same I had it welded but just kept blowing. I would of bought oem cause I don't like a really loud exaust on a daily driver but it's not too bad with the ktec. And I wasn't paying Renault prices for it to just happen again could always go custom or supersprint if you've got the cash!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to get a quote next week for the box chop, A little bit more noise would be nice.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Had the box out today it hasn't made much of a difference which was expected, the power is still smooth and the noise is slightly louder than before.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk