eveing all

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevov6

Reaction score
Hi im steve, based in mid norfolk,

hope to be the owner of a twingo shortly, possibly a 1.2tce gt, in blue
I have a renaultsport in the garage for sunny days but this will be more for commuting, been reading some topics, im thinking coilovers and possibly 182 wheels for a start, any idea how these little cars respond to rremap, I see ktec do a cat back system for them, oft the list is growing by the day, lol

steve

welcome along stevo! have you found any you like?? they're good little cars, realistically with an exhaust and clio 172/182 injectors (30 cc increase per injector over standard....hardly anything to write home about ....) you can realistically get 125-130 and you're just about on the 100% duty cycle which is bad bad bad bad for injectors.

i really need to get some pictures up one day, i had my car mapped by extreme motorsports near edinburgh with megane RS 225 injectors. currently sitting at 136 bhp and 190nm or therabouts. with a larger exhaust diameter from stock i could eek that upto perhaps 140 easily, at which point i'd need to put in a megane bosch fuel pump. then once i hit 150 the turbo will be out of puff it's tiny lol. easy enough to stick another turbo on it i suppose, but it's my daily driver you know mate? can't really be sticking a TD04 on it and having it off the road for weeks.

136bhp puts a massive smile on my face, it's definitely more than enough for overtaking 99% of the cars on the road with the occasional angry drive. hope you enjoy yours once you get it man :)

Thanks for the info. Yes found a nice example which is on an 08 plate with 33k on the clock with climate control and glass panoramic roof. Fingers crossed all goes well.

singlespeed":38jckis0 said:
Welcome. The panoramic roof is quite a rare option
Annoying above 34mph too its like driving a digger, so loud

I was thinking its must be an optional extra as I hadn't come across it before. Nothing wrong with noisy cars. Lol my vee is just about bearable.

Welcome along. I'm only a couple of weeks old but as you've already realised oscar is theoat helpful :). (or just trying to build his posts up. who knows haha ;))

gtsteve":16qpfxr8 said:
Welcome along. I'm only a couple of weeks old but as you've already realised oscar is theoat helpful :). (or just trying to build his posts up. who knows haha ;))

that's you off the christmas card list steve! :p

oscar":2ll5iuru said:
gtsteve":2ll5iuru said:

that's you off the christmas card list steve! :p

DOH. Lol

I picked the car up last Saturday. It's a great little car. It's in great condition. Initially it was to be my commuting car but my wife has taken a liking to it. Lol

Hehe :)

I'm safe with mine, as Karen prefers hers to mine now, as its too noisy and she can't see over the dashboard :oops: