engine mods

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjy133

Reaction score
hi im just wondering what engine mods can be done on my twingo 133 and what bhp can be acheived out the engine

regards ben

With a catback exhaust and induction kit/panel filter and remap you'll most likely be around 130-140 range as the actual base figure for an RS twingo varies between 123-135 bhp.

With the above and a manifold + sports cat you'll be in the region of 140-150 bhp

Again with the above, stage 1 cams from K-tec + some light porting you'll be around the 155-165 bhp.

Stage 2 cams have seen up to 172 bhp but it needs a standalone ECU to be able to make the most out of them.

I believe that's about everything you can do atm

If you have enough money anything.

150bhp will cost ~£1000 easily.

163bhp ~£2000

Many people don't understand you don't buy an N/A car to tune for easy power, if you want easy power sell the 133 and get a turbo car or 197 as that has more power and they barely cost anything now a days.

If I was Neil I'd be taking the 163bhp figure he got over ktecs

benmc":yf1he62c said:
If I was Neil I'd be taking the 163bhp figure he got over ktecs

I thought he did actually get 172bhp or whatever it was but it wouldn't run smooth without an aftermarket ECU and was without his car too long to wait even more and spend even more so they had to compromise with less power to run better.

Nothing wrong with Ktecs result...

So they dropped the power to 163 instead of keeping it at 172, I thought they kept it running 172 but ktec are known for fiddling results slight ... I thought ktec 172 the other place 163 ...

RR figures asside, its certainly not going to be cheap for any meaningfull increase. Sorry to disapoint you benjy :(

Comparing different RR's on different days will only end up in tears. From originaly seeing 175, the cam timing was altered to reduce the valve overlap to a point that would get it idling which lost a couple of hp top end to 172... It was then driven about 500 miles, in which time the ECU may have adapted a bit and it was on a different tank of fuel and it was then run on a completely different RR by a differnet operator and made 165Hp. It still felt and sounded prety much the same which is realy rather good, so I'm not bothered by which figgures are the most correct as the only real way to know would be to rip the engine out and put it in a dyno cell :)

Yes, a standalone ECU is realy needed as live mapping would be so much easier than working around the Sagem ECU. It's still on the cards allong with ITB's which will remove the plenum chamber inlet which is causing half the problem

Out of interest has anyone got any 0-60 figures running at about 150hp?

8 seconds maybe?

robc1985":20fec6qx said:

8 seconds maybe?
I haven't and won't be knackering the clutch etc trying :?

robc1985":3mdvpt9i said:

8 seconds maybe?

133s aren't exactly a 0-62 car but there have been reports of standard cars hitting 62 in 8 seconds anyway.

I'd be more insterested in seeing singlespeeds car on the drag strip at FCS against a standard 133 to see how different it actually is and then against the bigger brother 197.

robc1985":duv7wx02 said:

8 seconds maybe?

From a quick calculation around 7.4 seconds most likely a little bit more than that

waitey":21tv9zvt said:
robc1985":21tv9zvt said:

8 seconds maybe?

133s aren't exactly a 0-62 car but there have been reports of standard cars hitting 62 in 8 seconds anyway.

I'd be more insterested in seeing singlespeeds car on the drag strip at FCS against a standard 133 to see how different it actually is and then against the bigger brother 197.
If a standard 133 caught me napping with the revs at 3k, I'd stand no chance :lol:

Personally I've had a fiesta st and civic type r. Rs feels as nippy as my fiesta did. Always enjoyed making cars more fun so may treat the little nipper to a bit in autumn

singlespeed":yrtkp44c said:
oh no, here we go again :roll:
No no don't worry I'm not starting any of that. Too old for it. Haha. Just a point that the twingo is a great little car etc

singlespeed":2mzxpmhz said:
robc1985":2mzxpmhz said:

8 seconds maybe?
About that, how much bhp can the the RS clutch take?

MovingShadow":15qu76po said:
singlespeed":15qu76po said:
robc1985":15qu76po said:

8 seconds maybe?
At least 165-175 :? I guess someone will find the limit where is starts to slip. Although, theres not as much torque with N/A compared to remapped turbo motors so unless your giving it a hard time it will probably be reasonably reliable.

MovingShadow":2p3yy7ju said:
singlespeed":2p3yy7ju said:
robc1985":2p3yy7ju said:

8 seconds maybe?

BHP doesn't kill clutches, Torque does ;).