Driving in bus lane fine!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordyb

Reaction score
Hey, got a lovely letter thought the post this morning!
From Glasgow city council with a blurry/dark image of my car, saying I drove through a bus lane, so I have been fined £60.

Now, I do not deny I drove through a bus lane. It was 1:20am and I had just driven from st Neots, we were looking for our hotel, as I've never really driven in Glasgow town centre before, and I was following our sat nav. It told me to go straight ahead, I had cars infront Of me, behind me, not enough time to carefully think. So I went forward, and found our hotel. An went to bed! Lol.

Now where do I stand? It's my 1st offence, i got lost, didn't harm anyone!!! Any chance of getting off with it?
Ta

Hate getting tickets for anything!!!!
I've managed to appeal 5 Parking tickets so far. Never had a speeding ticket or bus lane fine yet though :p

Check out this site:
https://www.ticketfighter.co.uk/bus.htm

Also, if the image really is that dark and blurry, you could just say it wasn't you. The fact you are not even from glasgow might help :p
Can you make out the number plate easily on the picture?

Yeah, it's obviously my car, number plate is 100% visible.
Does anyone no, there's no points on my licence for this? It only mentions a fine on the letter!

Gutted! Lol. Just sooo annoying! I didn't hurt anyone! Wasn't speeding, wasn't really doing anything wrong! It was a bloody empty road!!! Grrrr!
Anyway! Wats the point in getting annoyed! Haha

Lordyb":3018j6w1 said:
Gutted! Lol. Just sooo annoying! I didn't hurt anyone! Wasn't speeding, wasn't really doing anything wrong! It was a bloody empty road!!! Grrrr!
Anyway! Wats the point in getting annoyed! Haha

If you can find any fault with the bus lane, then you can get out of it.

As I said, in the past iv'e escape 5 parking tickets. All becuase of tiny issues with road markings and signs that I photographed and referenced accordingly.
It's worth a shot isn't it?
Get one of the glasgow members to photograph the bus lane for you :p (Maybe a small reward for their efforts xD)

I always thought the bus lane couldn't been driven in at certain times, surely at the time you were in it there were no buses around?
My brother was also caught driving in one in Manchester but it was at midday so no excuses haha. we got the picture of his car through the post and as he's a student we bloody paid!

Lol. Findin out more! It's not a bus lane, was a bus only road I think! Lol. It's the one that goes under the Buchanan galleries shopping centre!

Lordyb":1nm155re said:
Lol. Findin out more! It's not a bus lane, was a bus only road I think! Lol. It's the one that goes under the Buchanan galleries shopping centre!

Double check that there are 2 signs and that they both conform, also, does a bus only road need to have a road marking? Double check it conforms. All the info is in that link I posted. There is usually something you can contest!

To google street view!

maggi112":2hbd4ijg said:
Bus only road?
Why should peasants get anywhere faster than us?
Faster?
They still manage to come 25 min too late even though there are buslanes being build everywhere (atleast in Belgium).

maggi112":3ex1qmsv said:
Bus only road?
Why should peasants get anywhere faster than us?

Well I say bus only, the sign (on google st view) says busses, taxi and bicycles only, not Awesome Twingos!! Lol!

It annoys me when I'm drivin down the bus lane and some **** thinks there funny by movin onto the white line so I can't get passed

Gotta laugh. You got fined for driving in a Glasgow (I live 9 mins from Glasgow city centre) bus lane and when we were in Inverness last year sat nav directed us to go through their city centre bus lane.

One difference. We didn't get a fine lol.

Lordyb":2xzk5rud said:
Yeah it's clearly marked! (In st view) I dnt remember from the actual time. Lol! Unfortunately!

Ile look into it more!

It might be clearly marked, but is it clearly marked correctly? Font size, illustrations and placement could void it! There a lot of factors that could play in youir favour, just got to look at them all. Just ahead is a yellow box junction that is not legal. Each corner must touch the curb, only two do. So it's not a legal yellow box. Also, a lot of the double yellow lines in that area do not conform. They lack T ends and a lot are broken up.

Just before you go under the shopping center, look at this bus lane sign on the road...it's barely visible, and doesn't seem to be accompanied by a proper road divider.
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Buchanan+galleries+glasgow&hl=en&ll=55.863166,-4.24953&spn=0.000236,0.000711&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hq=Buchanan+galleries+glasgow&t=h&layer=c&cbll=55.863166,-4.24953&panoid=zk2HpVi1rhKgPgzGzy7nSg&cbp=12,282.04,,1,14.45&z=20

EDIT:

Ok, the signs themselves are questionable.
To conform, the signs must be accompanied by a road marking that states 'Buses only' or 'Bus Lane'
Theirs is accompanied by what looks like half a road marking. Worn out and useless. Fine is void.

Unfortunately you don't really have much of a choice.

You drove in a bus lane, they dish out fines for driving in bus lanes......gotta pay the fine I'm afraid mate. As much as it sucks.