drive shaft for gt

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotog

Reaction score
hi guys, need a new (pair) of drive shafts for my twingo gt tce.. my drivers side one is vibrating on left corners, worse with a small amount of power and thought best to replace both whilst at it.. anyway.. ive been looking online and struggling to find any.. I might just be blind, but if anyone could point me in the right direction for some cheap omes yhat would be great!
tog

still struggling to find the driveshafts :( would really appreciate any input, i have found the passenger one for about £100 on
https://m.mister-auto.co.uk/en/drive-shaft-skf-050VKJC%208166_g13_a050VKJC%208166.html
but cant find a drivers side! I am checking my local motor factors today aswell as asking a mate who said he could possibly order me some with trade discount.. but if anyone has any info/links, that would be great!

As per your other posts mentioning the failed gearbox mount... I'd be fixing that first.

I've already ordered the mount, but I still need the driveshafts before I can put it back on the road!
my mate couldn't source them, and neither can my local motor factor, who originally told me they could order them for me for £60 each.. they have said they can get me the cv joints for £44, but I was under the impression that the whole driveshaft required replacing on the twingo? or have I been misinformed?
im trying renault aswell but I thought id be able to get a few quotes as I usually get parts cheaper elsewhere..
as always, any input is appreciated!

give me a pm, i'll sort you one out on monday posted to you at a discount : genuine renault. otherwise if it's not a trade part, it'll be on a 2-4 week back orders to the public ie you - renault dealership placing an order!

also, inner or outer cv joint? you cannot replace the inner cv joint (nearest to the gearbox, furthest away from the wheel), it is an interference fit...no that's not right, actually i've completely forgot the name of the fit it is. pretty embarrassing really but deal with it :p and yes you can replace the outer cv joint, it's just that there probably isn't much of a point in replacing it due to the wear that has already taken place on the cup already!

Cheers oscar, your a legend! ill finish removing the joint first and double check which joint it is.. I think it is the inner one to be honest..
ill send you a PM tomorrow! thanks for your help!
tog

no worries, i'm here to help whenever / wherever i can. tiz my job :) some parts can be a real pain in the arse to get a hold of and when you have to go to renault directly it's usually a kiss goodbye to your monthly wage ordeal!

What's wrong with the shaft?
If it was diagnosed as being faulty but the fact they missed the engine not fully attached to the chassis... As above, I'd be doing the mount first.

singlespeed, the driverside inner cv joint has gone.. the car was shaking/juddering around left hand corners, i now I have it off and its definately shot, its rough/grindy and clunks when rotating it (compared to the outer cv joint which is smooth) and the cv joint comes with the driveshaft..
I haven't taken the car to any garages, just slowly worked out a series of problems myself between working 6 days a week. fortunately ive had access to other vehicles so for cost, I have taken my time and learnt how to diagnose some problems myself, im going to back to college this year to do vehicle repair and maintenance and I enjoy learning :)
oscar has very nicely sorted me some out from renault but they are on back stock, hence why I couldnt source them locally, so it looks like itll be a few more weeks anyway, but im glad ill have them soon!
I also now have the gearbox mount, and will be fitting it today.