Does the Gordini like cold morningss?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLOtheTwingo

Reaction score
so last night the temperature ..according to the car was -6 and at 7.30 when i set off it said -4 the windscreen was iced over as you'd expect..
but what i didnt expect was the power steering to £$%^ up... :?
i had to drive for about 5/10min with no PS on my way to work it was only when the heaters got properly hot that the PS eased back to normal... anyone else had this problem?
im just wondering if it was too cold for the car last night and it caused the PS fluid to freeze?? I felt like i was doing a warm up lap for F1 on my way to work :lol: lol..twisting the steering wheel to try and ease it off....

The ps is electric mate run's on a motor. Mine done it a couple of days ago it's annoyin

I've not noticed it on my Gordini but I've noticed the Mrs 133 has felt strangely heavy for a few moments after starting the car and moving off!

Keep an eye on it mate, if it's a regular occurence get the dealer to look at it. :)

maggi112":23ryzdei said:
Alex is the reason you havent noticed it because you dont drive anywhere? :p

Yeah pretty much! :lol:

I don't tend to uncover the Gordini if the weather is cold or rainy, dry sunny days only for me. :cool:

Alex_225":2pup42gp said:
maggi112":2pup42gp said:

I don't tend to uncover the Gordini if the weather is cold or rainy, dry sunny days only for me. :cool:

so in other words it never comes out as we do live in the uk and dont know what sun is :p

I've seen two other Gordini Twingos on the road, one was in Bristol and one was down on the South coast. I live in Surrey so there's really very few of them on the roads out there.

manofhow":1al9jo43 said:
Alex_225":1al9jo43 said:
maggi112":1al9jo43 said:

so in other words it never comes out as we do live in the uk and dont know what sun is :p

It's a bit like veal!! lol

i didnt drive mine for 11 days, parked outside, temp. from +4 to -15° for the last four days. Started in a sec without any problems, PS working as well just from start...
I noticed PS go off just once, when I was helping a friend to start his car with bump cables. After connecting cables, getting his car running, my PS didnt work. After switching engine off and on again, it went just normaly...

Never had a problem with the ps on the gordidni because of the cold but i did have a problem with a grinding noise when steering which ended up with a new steering column being fitted.

It's funny, the day I read this thread I went out to the car and the power steering didn't work til I got half way down the road

AlunJ":3lp5dhz3 said:
It's funny, the day I read this thread I went out to the car and the power steering didn't work til I got half way down the road

They are spreading their disease now ;)