Diesel, love it or hate it?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think about diesel?

• Yay, I'm a Dieselhead - love it!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Nah, I'm a Petrolhead - hate it!

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Don't care - I only drink meths!

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
I voted for neither, although I prefer petrol powered motors if I had to drive more I'd definitely consider a diesel.

Also, having driven a mate of mines re-mapped 1.9TDI Seat Ibiza, they really can be a weapon. The amount of torque they produce is amazing.

i hate it. doesnt sound like a car, never will sound like a car, spit out dirty black smoke and they go chugga chugga chugga. The only good thing is they are good on fuel but thats not enough.

Motorsport - Love it pushes the boundaries of the petrol cars
Road - meh know the benefits but prefer petrol.

i hate diesels, they are horrid in every way espec to work on!!!
however as a daily runner or a work horse u would b mad not to hav a diesel!!

agree with ben on the fact that diesel engines have alot more potential, petrols have gone nearly as far as is poss

some new diesels are quick and they will only get quicker so maybe the the future is the nasty smelly black gunk

Apart from diesel being more expensive... I'm not swayed really. Engines these days are quieter than they used to be. But still, diesel has tendancies to last longer than petrol so in some ways it can be more cost effective. I have no preference really.