coloured seat belts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikehealy5

Reaction score
just in case anyone is interested.........

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=437423333042603

thought id share the link for you guys and girls to look at.

someone on "renault uk" on facebook has just had some made up. they cost him £147 for a pair of front belts. seems a fair amount of cash just to change colour but the more I think about buying yellow ones the more it seems a good idea lol

A few guys on here had a look to change the colour of their belts but it meant cutting them which doesn't sound rather safe.

I'd much prefer to pay £147 than a cheaper amount as it is the only thing holding you in your seat if you have an accident :)

Dubz":2fbvgjak said:
A few guys on here had a look to change the colour of their belts but it meant cutting them which doesn't sound rather safe.

I'd much prefer to pay £147 than a cheaper amount as it is the only thing holding you in your seat if you have an accident :)

yep thats a good point! lol. Apparently you pay a £25 deposit and exchange your original belts. when you receive your new coloured belts you send your old ones back to them for your £25 back.

I was interested of doing this with my Wind. I asked at FCS to Neil if it was possible and I think he directed me to the same guys shown here.

But that means I need to remove my seatbelts and to a car I almost use daily, I don't see how that would work :-S

mike, the yellow idea would really offset your car nicely but 147 that's a lot to pay for a six pounds can of vinyl dye. you should get to a scrapyard with blacktwingo-i and get yourself some five quid seat belts and go to town with vinyl dye to see the results for yourself before contemplating if its good or not? could be epic or an epic fail :D

im been advised to NEVER dye seatbelts. It is possible that the dye will weaken the belt webbing material...not an item you really want to take a chance on. When you need them, you'll want them to be 100% lol

i'd deffinately agree with you but 150 quid is quite painful but not as painful as going through your window when ur diy belts fail, plus if u don't die you'll probably end up with big yellow gordini stripes down your t'shirt on a hot day thanks to the dye running lol. u gonna go for them hope you do!

its all about dye! lol

if I dye them and I crash il die when they fail!

iv I spend £147 on yellow coloured seat belts and my mrs finds out il be safe if I crash but most sertainly will be murdered when she sees them! lol

decisions..... decisions........

Dying seatbelts may weaken them depending what chemicals are in there, with seatbelts being an extremely important safety feature I wouldn't pour chemicals on then risking my safety and anyone who gets in my car safety.

For the same of £150 would you really want to risk your life?

waitey":34ibao40 said:
Dying seatbelts may weaken them depending what chemicals are in there, with seatbelts being an extremely important safety feature I wouldn't pour chemicals on then risking my safety and anyone who gets in my car safety.

For the same of £150 would you really want to risk your life?

as I said in my second to last post.

not somthing il be doing.