ClioSport Saturday

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
Anyone off to this? Twingo traitor I know hehe, my friend has just invested in a Clio RS so going up there to have a nose around. Tickets are only £5.00 or something. Just wondered if anyone else may be going?

Tis at Heritage Motor Centre in Gaydon if you're interested.

It's basically the national renaultsport meet but organised by cliosport and just for clios.

It looks pretty good and almost as big as an event as the national meet.

Yeah I thought it was! It'll be interesting for me too as I didn't get to go to the national RS UK meet earlier in the year.
I only live 20 minutes down the road from Gaydon too so might as well go along.

I'm going in the Twingo but it won't be on the stand, lol. I'll be in the public car park!

pritchp":h65056qp said:
It never seems friendly on their site
it isn't.

If you suggest you have £30k to spend on a new car, if it's not a clio 172 you get hung.

Honestly its shocking, there's even a new entry in the dictionary - 'cliosport police'

I had a brief attempt at Cliosport.... Gave up very quick. If your not one of the crowd your not listened to and shunned. the number of slagging matches doesn't want me want to meet any in person. 133.net and 197.net get my time.

maggi112":3m6x40ew said:
pritchp":3m6x40ew said:
It never seems friendly on their site
even a new entry in the dictionary - 'cliosport police'

It's already there, it's under maffia

To be fair tho if you do get a few guys away from the group they are nice

Don't know what you mean about not friendly I've been on the forum
For many years and today was a great day out and managed to meet a member from here too :)

The CS lads from Inverness were a good bunch when I gate crashed their Aviemore meet :)

Clairemae":1so3w560 said:
Don't know what you mean about not friendly I've been on the forum
For many years and today was a great day out and managed to meet a member from here too :)

Yeah you met me haha! :) I drove my car onto the stand in the end - no-one was really monitoring who was coming or going, so I moved from the public car park to the stand amongst some Clio's! Probably had the filthiest car there though as I never expected to park on the stand thus I didn't clean it.

I spoke to one or two of the CS lads and they seemed alright. However it wasn't a brilliant turnout.
It was mostly other car owners looking at each others cars, unlike FCS/Trax where you get the public turning up. Public car park was practically empty.

That said my mate won the raffle, a years supply of Haribo and I got a small share of this huge box lol!

It will be one of those... Absolute tool when behind a keyboard but fine when you meet them. There just seems to be more keyboard warriors than anything else, I don't have time that.

Tbh I find CS alright but then again I am used to sax-p. Put a thread up about my 182 and got far more replies than my threads on sax-p ever did.

I find most of the keyboard warriors don't go to shows but unless you're really active on the forum or have an epic car no one will know who you are

And I won a years supply of haribo at the raffle haha