Car not starting - spanner light and traction control light

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razer

Reaction score
Hey guys, as above really! Got into car late last night after work and the thing wouldn't start!! Comes up with the 2 warning lights mentioned above.

However, radio works, ac works

Wipers, central locking, indicators don't.. Tripped fuse(s)? Anyone know what ones I'd go changing if so? Don't fancy going through them all! :/

Hi Razer

My cups got an identical issue to yours, did you manage to get it sorted in the end? If so could you let me know what the solution was? Many thanks

David

Guys we had that exact problem - disconnected the battery and connected it again and all was good!

Hi Twins Go,

I have basically tried everything mentioned on the forum to get the bligher going- cleaned all the electrical contacts on battery, starter,earth points on car, disconnected/removed the battery, charged it back up and put it back on, tried a different battery and pulled and replaced the suggested fuse out the fuse box.

I am wondering if my immobilizer/BCM or the ECU is faulty as everything on the car works (including the remote locking) apart from it starting up.
Ign position 1 on the ignition gives the usual start up lights on the dash, then it beeps loudly twice and the spanner, abs and battery lights come back on and no go on pos 2 on ignition.

Fault code reader is not connecting on the cars CAN port and just saying 'connection error' (Autel maxiscan ms309)

Its driving me nuts. its actually made me start pining for the old days of having a peugeot 205 rallye again! and i thought that was a pain in the ar*e lol

I have a possibility for buying a used ECU/BCM/etc. set so might try this before taking it to the Stealers.

Regards,
David

Hi callum,

I don't think so. I have owned the car from new, its never been in an accident and I have never hit a pot hole hard ( my back wouldn't take it! Lol) went for a drive (admittedly on a pretty wet day) parked it up on the drive,got up the next morning and then, nothing... Weird how it ran home fine etc and then overnight just knackered itself.

I have booked it in with my local dealer on Thurs to get fixed (praying I don't get bent over too much!) Lol.

It seems to collect a lot of condensation on the windscreen and I just wonder if the water has tracked down onto the uch/bcm behind the dash :s

I will post what they find (Motorline Canterbury)

David

Just had a call from Motorline,

Looking like a scrambled engine ECU as datalink error between ecu and bcm/uch.

Not sure on the engine ECU's cost but I know its not gonna be good :(

Might ring Renault UK and see if they will contribute as my cars only done 23k

RE the question about has the car been in a bump or driven over a big pothole, can someone say why this would impact please?

My daughter has a Twingo 2010 and it has been a perfect car. Someone ran in the back of it recently (minor damage) and the car was off the road for a few weeks whilst waiting for a new boot door. Since the car has come back from the garage it has intermittent problems starting. It appears it is immobiliser related and when it wont start the easiest thing appears to be to start with the spare key. So, I have a few questions. Could the problems it be related to the bump, is it a case that the key battery needs changing, in fact is there a battery to change? Or something else, do I need a new key? No Renault garage now it Reading so not easy to pull into the local dealer.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

The key does have a battery and might cause problems if it's low in charge. Could be worth changing it as its only a couple of quid for a battery.

Yes had immobiliser problem with a previous car and it was due to a key problem. Low battery or even dropping the key can cause this issue. Hope you get it sorted.... :)