Booked silverstone track day!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moomin_Man

Reaction score
4th of march! Semi-booked, as my voucher is apparantly expired, shows june 2012 though...don't get it. The chap i spoke to says he will get it sorted...
My first track experience...any advice? Would really help! I'm a little nervous as it's completely new to me...still excited though :D

Make sure you do these....
Fluids, make sure you have plenty in.
Tyres, check for damage (just in case).
Remove all none essential items from your car, not only for weight but for safety (transfer them to a friends car).

What to take...
Helmet (durrr :lol:)
Long sleeve top
Tyre pump and guage, as reducing your pressures will increase grip and you'll want them proper for the drive home.

What to do...
Use your mirrors
Start slow end 'fast' (you don't want to start fast and end slow (ie in the kitty litter / flat bed truck)
Don't apply your handbrake on return to the pits put it in gear (but remember that ;)).
Oh and.... Enjoy yourself.

Guarantee you won't be the slowest or the fastest but don't let that put you off, if you can take tuition or at least a person who's been on track before to pick up tips. Squeeling tyres is not a sign of you going fast :lol:

race yourself not others becasue as soon as u start trying to keep up with others thats when it goes all wrong

Hmm... I've only been to track once, but... don't get over-excited, don't ever think You're great driver, get to know the track in some game maybe, know the rules of driving on track (I mean exchanging info with other drivers, letting faster cars thru etc).

Afaik it's not a track day as such but the renaultsport hot hatch experience, or I gathered that's what it was anyway? Bit annoying as I'd like to use it to break in the Twingo's track virginity! Reminds me though that I need to book mine before I forget again

Thanks for the tips guys.

Basically, im not going to be in my car, it's the renault sport track expereince that you get when you buy an RS silverstone model.
5 laps in a megane 250
5 laps in a clio 200

All i got told was, arrive 20 minutes early in suitable driving clothes. Instructor will be with you at all times. Bring your license and don't drink the night before.

Agreed if is not yours drive it like it's a hire car :lol:

Mr_Ben":2xz1804v said:
Agreed if is not yours drive it like it's a hire car :lol:

Iv'e never drove a hire car, but, i think i understand :twisted:

I always drive sensibly in hire cars ;)

Joking aside I want to see loads of pics!! Have fun an I think mr Ben has given some good advice so enjoy

Moomin_Man":2eq2l2d2 said:
Thanks for the tips guys.

Basically, im not going to be in my car, it's the renault sport track expereince that you get when you buy an RS silverstone model.
5 laps in a megane 250
5 laps in a clio 200

All i got told was, arrive 20 minutes early in suitable driving clothes. Instructor will be with you at all times. Bring your license and don't drink the night before.
both parts if you have paper and photocard