Board Computer in new Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleJay

Reaction score
I noticed that the new (ugly) Twingo has bord computer as standard, with common functions like actual mpg, long-time mpg, miles left to empty (taken from Austria site: "Bordcomputer mit Anzeige von Momentanverbrauch, Durschnittsverbrauch und Reichweite"). Just wondering if its just a SW issue and it could be "activated" in our older version or it wont be possible. Any ideas?

I wish our twingos had the computer on it. It dose come in handy the wife has it on her scenic

MovingShadow":1mpprbfp said:
Mine has it too.. it's weird they didn't added that to the Twingo :?

It's probably there but needs some software activation. Like my old car

Yeah you'd probably need an RUK technician to hook the ECU up to their systems and activate it. I'd love a trip computer with the MPG etc. Might be worth someone investigating it!

Karl your mission of you wish to accept it!!

Befriend a technician and find out if possible!!

This forum will self district in 20 seconds

singlespeed":13g25yru said:
jra3d":13g25yru said:
singlespeed":13g25yru said:
This is new, giving more info like mpg, miles to empty
6842075551_e825f27ebf_z_d.jpg

Wonder if you can get that as a re flash for the existing twingo?
The LCD display has different characters to mine, so it's a new item... Wether it's compatable, I may test it one day in the future, when she's not looking :? :shock:

visited my dealer today and i got some news on this. The display in afta twingo is a new item like singlespeed said. So even before trying to activate it via Clip etc., you need to buy a new display, which as i was told costs...wait for it... still wait for it... 660,- EUR :shock: :lol: I laughed heavily and didnt even bother to ask for part number :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, and i forgot to mention that it is probable that if you change that display you will loose your miles/km done. But the guy wasnt 100% sure about it.

TripleJay":3gb4ma0g said:
yeah, and i forgot to mention that it is probable that if you change that display you will loose your miles/km done. But the guy wasnt 100% sure about it.

Ha not good for all us honest individuals but a few that aren't would love that fact

Is that not recorded onthe ecu?

I remember when I owned a smart a bloke down the road with a Brabus roadster coupe had his display changed after his Sam unit was replaced and it showed 30,000 miles more than before :lol: I wouldn't expect Renault to make it an easy swap tbh