Blue headlamps ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButlerRS

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I've got osram night breakers in atm and they're a white colour
I was wondering is there a way I could get a more blue light without a HID upgrade?
I was followed by a C2 last night and his light output was a really strong blue and I want it now!

Not sure about putting my own tint on them, the light out put is bad enough!

Ah sweet. How blue are they? I'll have a look at pricing on eBay :)

The Osram nightbreaker plus are something like 3500k, they have a slight blue tint in the glass to reduce the yellow cast from the filament bulb. This has the effect of creater a more white appearance.

Blue headlights are not the best for giving the clearest, longest vision.

If you want bulbs for style go for 5000k, if you wants most comfortable to use and furthest reach, Os N.B+ or Philips Extreme vision+ are as good as you'll get.

I do a lot of night driving so my preference is biased one way.

Agreed the old filament bulbs with a blue tinge don't go a far as N.B bulbs

Hence I'm annoying with HIDs, it come down to if you want style over substance....!

I think HIDs are stupid in non projector lights though thats why I said that.. they just blind everyone hence why theyre not legal

Thanks JMR, just what I needed :)

And Jra3d, I want HIDs personally, I just can't afford them! I think they're awesome. But just a nightmare on country roads for other drivers, but such is life. They're not as bad as the muppets who leave their full beam on !!

JE_GT":2qjf47gg said:
I think HIDs are stupid in non projector lights though thats why I said that.. they just blind everyone hence why theyre not legal

Why you don't buy cheap ;) get ones with the correct set up and the lighting doesn't bounce of everywhere!!

jra3d":315uiflx said:
JE_GT":315uiflx said:

Why you don't buy cheap ;) get ones with the correct set up and the lighting doesn't bounce of everywhere!!
James. Having recently gone from H4 HID's to Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs, I think the NB's are actually better on main beam and with the fogs being tied in and having NB plus bulbs as well, thats a lot of lighting power :cool: . Dip beam isn't quite so good, for light on the road, but at least it is on the road and not the trees as well.

ButlerRS":n2mfxmsn said:
Do you have osram plus in your fogs aswell?

I think I'm just gunna change the sidelight LEDs to white instead of blue
I do :cool: H11 Night Breaker Plus bulbs in the fogs and NB+ H4 bulbs in the headlamps. On main beam, with the fogs wired in as well, that gives me 230watts which is OK, but with the NB+ bulbs having 90% more light than standard halogens, its rather good.

This sounds good Neil.

Ive got NB+ H4 and with them running in dipped mode, theyre still so so.

Annoying thing for me is if you hold the "flash headlights" stalk, the main beam comes on and the dipped stay on, giving LOADS of light, but a full press of the stalk to keep the main beam on turns off the dipped function so you end up with a gaping black void just in front of the car.

Hence the reason I'm flipping the front fogs on all the time back and forth when traffics oncoming.
Can you get the dipped + main beam to stay on?

And how did you get the front fogs to come on with the main?
Sorry for loads of Q's. :?

90% of my driving is at night now on unlit fast country roads.
Its not pleasant, hence wanting to get the lights bang on.

JMR":5zmd38l6 said:
This sounds good Neil.

Ive got NB+ H4 and with them running in dipped mode, theyre still so so.

Annoying thing for me is if you hold the "flash headlights" stalk, the main beam comes on and the dipped stay on, giving LOADS of light, but a full press of the stalk to keep the main beam on turns off the dipped function so you end up with a gaping black void just in front of the car.

Hence the reason I'm flipping the front fogs on all the time back and forth when traffics oncoming.
Can you get the dipped + main beam to stay on?

And how did you get the front fogs to come on with the main?
Sorry for loads of Q's. :?
I put in an extra relay and fuse, using the main beam to energise the relay and power the fogs. It can probably be wired up in the loom infront of the steering wheel, but i chickened out and did it at the lights.

Theres details somewhere, either technical or howto section... I'll have a look later
https://www.twingo133.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5296

leaves you with a similar output to dip beam and a flash of main beam. Long extended throw of main beam, infilled by the fogs