BlackVue in car camera

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunty

Reaction score
On the way home last week I was almost hit by an Audi on the wrong side of the road. Whilst the accident wouldn't have been my fault I started to wonder how I would prove it? Would the police believe an old man in a fancy Audi or a 30 something male in a sporty Renaultsport Twingo.

With this in mind I decided to protect myself and my no claims bonus with an in car camera. After some research I went with the 1080p BlackVue DR400G-HD2. It comes with great software (PC only) that makes it easy to find and review any incidents. It has built in GPS so you can find the clip you want by just clicking the road on a map.

Anyway... it fitted in no problem and looks pretty tidy.

9416427319_637b0c45bc_b.jpg

9419193222_54aecbb740_b.jpg

That's pretty cool.

How much are they?

Do they automatically start recording and stop after driving?

Moving Shadow it cost £214 delivered through Amazon. They do cheaper models but this one is new for 2013 and has a better lens for dark and really bright conditions.

And yes once it's installed you can forget it's there. You don't need to push buttons. Once the car is started it turns on and starts to record after about 30 seconds. It records in about 6 hour loops and there is no need to erase old files as it just erases the oldest first. Simples :)

I have 2 blackvue in my car front and rear and connecred with powermagic in the fusebox.
Records infinite, even when car is parked.

When batteryvoltage drops under 11.8v the powermagic cuts the powe to prevent drainage

Yes it records sound but you can turn it off if you wish.

Jarre you have two! Crikey you must have some worries about your car. And yes I heard about the powermagic box but I'm not bothered about it recording when I'm not driving. I've disabled parking mode though it wouldn't work anyway as the cigeratte lighter socket has no power when the ignitions off.

Yes i had 2x bad experience...
While parked sowmeone with a towhook hit the bumper, through the fan to the fmic. Was expensive...

Second time at the red lights drove into me and said i did a full stop at green lights.

Was fed up with it, now have cams non-stop recording :)

I finally received Mobius camera, for £40 i'm extremely satisfied. I don't have much footage yet only a sample clip of a Clio overtaking me on the wrong side (I thought it has to be mention as this is mainly UK forum). I ordered another one for the back.

I like the wide angle and it picks up in bad lightning conditions and at night quite well. It's also small and discrete.

[youtube]8oLD7yhXYWk[/youtube]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151071891306?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'm looking at perhaps getting the Black Vue car camera. If you don't mind me asking how exactly did you install it without having power cables etc hanging all over the place?

James you can just push/feed the power cable into the head lining then down the A pillar and under the dash. It doesn't take much effort to make it tidy. Only downside is that it does always hog your 12v socket which I occasionally want to use for sat navs etc... but it's no big deal and I wouldn't be without it now.

Cheers. I'm going to get either this one or similar once I get paid. Might even mount a rear view one as well.