Black & Red Twingo - Cleveleys & Blackpool

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betty02

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

Some of you may know me, used to run TwingoOC before a few arguments and I sold my Twingo. Anyway I had a 1.2 GT as below (before I coded the mirror caps) -

pict0109v.jpg

pict0110f.jpg

Now have a Mk5 Golf GTi with Stage 1 Revo running 260bhp -

IMG_3352HDRStroke.jpg

5760806493_4214c3e27a_b.jpg

Anyway that asides and the fact I could share a story or 2 about Karl I came on here as I;ve spotted a few Twingo around lately.

First one was a black one, spotted near Highfield Road in Blackpool, wasn't a GT or a 133 (99% sure but correct me if I was wrong?) anyway had the 133.net sticker near the front air intake? Also seen a red 133 around near Morrisons round-about in Cleveleys area. I work on Highfield road and live not far from Morisons so see them both quite a bit.

Anyone on here?

P.S. Hellooo Karl ;)

We can account for the black one as 'BlackTwingo-i'
8affbd0c.jpg

The GT looked nice and your departure was probably before my arrival to the Twingo world, so hello from me :)

More then likely was, I was the first person to put 182 wheels on the GT :D I then went on to lead the TwingoOC for a good 18 months before a few differences and haven.'t been back there for a good 12 months now!

That's the twingo though for sure!

Hello and welcome, I'm from bispham and have a black RS, but as Neil (singlespeed) has said its def BlackTwingo-I's.

That was a cracking looking GT, what else did you do to it?

weebob":2liekkl8 said:
Hello and welcome, I'm from bispham and have a black RS, but as Neil (singlespeed) has said its def BlackTwingo-I's.

Infact Weebob yours may be red under its coating of filth :lol:

Welcome Simon ;)

Hope all is well with you. Good to see you back in touch and your Twingo was sweet!

singlespeed":ypo1qyqh said:
weebob":ypo1qyqh said:

Infact Weebob yours may be red under its coating of filth :lol:

maggi112":ypo1qyqh said:
I thought weebobs was originally white as white could be? A long, long time ago

trashcat.jpg

i have so much inspiration from your car!
i got the idea of 182 alloys rom you :D and i want to lower it and put spacers on to sit like yours did!
How much did you lower it and what spacers were used??

WOW Glad someone got inspiration from it! Makes it all worth while!

Wasn't lowered that much it sat on 172 cup springs, these weren't a straight fit though as the center of the bottom curl had to be chopped to sit in the cups, in the end it went down about 20mm or so. in regards to spacers it was only on the 5mm rears but still give a much better stance. It also had an evolution chips remap but when my engine mounts snapped it went in and ECU get reset :(

Lordy - Sure you came not long before I left buddy, nice to speak to you again!

Dazza - Don't blame you mate, a lot of things went wrong over there and things got said by certain members I wasn't happy about so left on the spot and didn't return! Call it being a coward but still don't think they realized what was said by hidden admin Stoo!

Karl - Hey buddy yeah everythings fine mate, and yourself? Sure I still have your number anyway! Not much has changed really, still love the Twingo and seeing some more about locally I thought I'd join up, possibly looking to buy a damaged one to repair to go down track route, similar to Al if he's still on the scene? But there all future plans anyway!

Cheers
Simon

betty02":2p9cnb8w said:
I thought I'd join up, possibly looking to buy a damaged one to repair to go down track route, similar to Al if he's still on the scene? But there all future plans anyway!

Cheers
Simon
For some track inspitation, check out this thread from Anthony
https://www.twingo133.net/projects-progress-threads/yotah-cup-nurburgring-edition-t3692.html
Videos on page 5 and 6 certainly show its not just about what power you have, but the whole package :cool:

Al puts his head through the doors ocasionaly but mostly hangs out on the RS forum

Al around but isnt around :lol:

I still talk to him but he doesnt have time for the forums nomore. He is taking his off the road and becoming a Track car. Hes changed jobs so traveling more and the Twingo cant do the distances so needs to get a new car on board but doesnt want to let the 133 go so tracking it instead

Red one was possibly me as I live in Cleveleys so am always around Morrisons roundabout, have sold it recently though and moved into a Clio 200 :)