Best air intake system

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshuaRobinson133

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Got my cat back exhaust system on from K-Tec... ( Decided to do this myself. Mistake! took me ages cos the stud from the cat was twisted and bent and took me a while to drill through it, days in fact. For anyone at the Midlands meet this is why i didn't make it :() But anyway, it's on now and I'm thinking the next step is the air intake.
Now I have always been a believer that a performance panel filter is best.
But is this true? Should i get a new panel box as well as filter? or even a induction kit. (However over-priced these are)
Thanks Guys :)

I feel your pain I did my down pipe the other night , and a stud snapped took me a hour to get the stud out :-( all good now though

Most people just got for a bmc or green Cotten panel filter or a cda induction kit tbh. I got a green Cotten panel filter

I've had a cda before. Trust me its not worth the money. Get a panel.

Yeah the down pipe from the cat was my problem as well except it took me days not hours :(.
Thanks guys the BMC panel is what I've been thinking anyway nut just wanted to check.
Next is to get it mapped at K-Tec once the manifold is changed over and the new panel filter is on :)
Cars are just too expensive but petrol runs through these veins. :)

Talking about exhaust my exhaust goes 4 beach manifold down pipe into a silencer box, cat then back box is yours laid out the same?

No, although i think i may know what you mean.
There are 3 silencers on the exhaust system.
There is one after the down pipe, one in the centre pipe and the back box.
The cat is actually attached to the manifold and is what the downpipe connects to inside the engine cover on the bottom.
Otherwise yours is different to mine lol.

wrighty94":2ibfphiw said:
Talking about exhaust my exhaust goes 4 beach manifold down pipe into a silencer box, cat then back box is yours laid out the same?
The original layout is - Manifold containing the cat, Front pipe with round silensor, Center pipe with flat silensor (its definately not a cat as I've just checked and its a straight through perforated pipe) and finaly rear silensor section.

I was positive the cat was in Yh manifold guy at work wouldn't believe me lol even when I explained to him that the flat silencer couldn't be a cat as there wasn't any lambar sensors near it! That's ok then I'm gunna cut both silencers out ahaha

Yeah the lamda sensor was what gave it away to me as well.
When you say cut them out.... how are you going to do that?
Just weld some other pipe in? Or are you changing the whole exhaust?

JoshuaRobinson133":2sdybiim said:
Yeah the lamda sensor was what gave it away to me as well.
When you say cut them out.... how are you going to do that?
Just weld some other pipe in? Or are you changing the whole exhaust?

Going to cut them out and weld a straight pipe right through. Got all the tools at work

Just saw this, if I can get hold of someone to film on the side of a road ill pop videos up of mine as it has both silencers removed, its not loud at all.

Haven't done this yet because where the downpipe goes down into the first silencer there is not a lot of room to cut and put a new pipe in because it on a bend so haven't fully decided whether to do or not