Back box delete GT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad133

Reaction score
has anyone removed the back box from a gt before? If so how does it sound

https://www.twingo133.net/projects-...y5-progress-thread-plenty-pics-t8414-275.html

mike has

mikehealy5":x2j4hpie said:
new exhaust is now on!

here are some pics .....

all in all the car feels alittle quicker, not massivly but enough to notice a differance. the most noticable thing is the noise! its a much deeper tone with a raspy note as it climbs up the revs. theres lots of pops when changing gear and de accelarating.
i was unsure if i would of needed a back box to tone it down but i think i quite like it as it stands now. so thats another job ticked of the list and only injectors to get now before it goes for a remap.

Cheers for the help mate, got my car booked in for the end of next month to get it done

I should of added. I have heard Mikes 'pipe' and it sounds sweet. (far better than the car if came off ;) )

Mikes pipe is a full 2.25 straight pipe and I believe the GT's standard is 2 inch.

Yours may sound a little raspier.

that sounds really good brad & mike and looks fly too!

That's made my mind up, I was thinking of getting a back box off an exhaust place but my father is a metal worker so its gonna be down at the factory on the weekend to get that done