Alarm peeping when locking

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miner154

Reaction score
Anyone know why the alarm sometimes beeps 3 times when you lock it, like a warning but this appears to be very occasional and random

if you look in the manual i remember reading something in tehre about the number of beeps is a code for a certain thing with the alarm

Something is triggering the alarm and its not setting properly

Daveyb133":254s3ku8 said:
Something is triggering the alarm and its not setting properly
It's happens about once every few months if you unlock it and then lock it again no beep - it's similar to the beep the car makes when the alarm has triggered and you unlock it for the 1st time - but this happens after drivibg when you lock it up - almost like a warning?

Stiff it works straight away - the alam is a bit easy to set off wind/hail etc

Mine does this quite often...sometimes when i first open it, sometimes when i lock it.
Still not sure what it is...

When it peeps when you unlock it, means the alarm has gone off AFAIK

I dont know if this is me being stupid... but in order to deactivate the alarm if you have to turn the ignition on and off twice.... so that you can leave the windows open on a hot day. When you lock it after this the car will then beep three times???

any help?

i have this beeping problem.. but i know for a fact it beeps 3 times when you unlock it.. if.. the alarm has gone off during that period that it was locked.. does anyone else find that their alarms are super sensitive ? i live down a narrow private road and any car with a halfords universal backbox or anything as loud will set it off and also even spraying the car with a hose will set the alarm off.. in a way.. not a bad thing i gues,s but getting up at 2 in the morning after a moped bombs past you just to reset the alarm.. does get frustrating..! lol

I tried the trick of ignition on and off twice quickly an pressing the button and it beeped for a while. But nothing seems to be different in daily use. Not sure what I changed :lol:

maggi112":3r5gvnp2 said:
I tried the trick of ignition on and off twice quickly an pressing the button and it beeped for a while. But nothing seems to be different in daily use. Not sure what I changed :lol:
Is it a one off disabling of the interior ultrasonic sensors, for enabling the door alarm and imobiliser when you know the interior sensors would be triggered . Which would revert back the next time its set, unless you disable it again

I don't know! Thought it made it beep when activating and I was experimenting after reading it elsewhere. But the alarm functions fine.

I even sat in it and waited 30 seconds to set it off since and it deafened me and deadlocks work fine.

On the subject of sensitive alarms, they are super sensitive! Every thursday morning, the recycling collection van drives past and set it off. When i wash the car it goes off and when i park for work, i can guarantee it will beep at the end of the day, meaning it has gone off at some point...bumpy cobbled roads all around me, extra noise/vibration?

Didn't have much problem with my Twingo. Only went off a few times at night, when it was raining and blowing a gale. Kept the spare key in my bedroom and shouted 'shut up' at the car through the window.

Went off while we were eating Christmas dinner once, but then ALL the snow had just fallen off the house roof onto the poor thing so I let it off that one.

So far I've not even heard the Clios alarm!

My alarm has been pretty good on the twingo. Think it's only ever gone off when I've accidentally set it off. Definitely better than our megane which goes off if someone looks at it funny

DrDrew":33ni2koo said:
My alarm has been pretty good on the twingo. Think it's only ever gone off when I've accidentally set it off. Definitely better than our megane which goes off if someone looks at it funny

I'd go off if someone looked at me funny too!!! :)