Accuracy of the outside temperature meter

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleJay

Reaction score
I noticed few times already, that the outside temperature meter shows nothing like the actual temperature. For example today i drove our Focus and its meter was saying 3°C, three minutes after that a jumped in Twingo, and it was saying -1°C :shock: I compared it with the temperatures shown on those displays around town with time/date/temperature, and the difference fits like said above, Twingo is showing quite lower ones...

Did you notice this as well? I wonder where the temperature sensor is, when it gives so much colder numbers...

singlespeed":6yqm4flg said:
I think the sensor is sticking out from the bottom of the R/H door mirror.

Yep, that's where I think it is too.

I've only had relatively close comparison between the twingo and a Saab, and they were fairly similar. On my housemates' skoda it's in the engine bay and is completely useless after a couple of minutes of driving :lol:

Yep, I thought he was joking at first - but his car always says it's pretty nice and warm outside

manofhow":26gg1hgz said:
engine bay, really? thats a sensible place to put it :D

Not 100% but I think my old C2 had it in there - when you sat in traffic, you could watch it going up :shock:

i wonder who comes up with the position in an exhaust :mrgreen:
and what about you guys, do you find the temperature accurate? Its important mainly when temperatures are around 0° so you might expect some icing on road, but if its actually 3 or 4° you are save...

TripleJay":1ai5g7gq said:
Its important mainly when temperatures are around 0° so you might expect some icing on road, but if its actually 3 or 4° you are save...
except when you find a patch of road which has been in the shade and still icy :( been there and its not fun