A light clunk kind of noise when pulling away??

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick3814

Reaction score
I know it's never easy diagnosing a noise via the net but my 133 has done this a couple of times now, not everytime but generally when pulling away following a start up from cold. There's no issue with how it drives/feels, I'm wondering if it's relating to the climate control, doesn't sound mechanical and no it's not the doors locking :lol:

Any ideas??

does it happen straight after you release the handbrake on a cold start as you go to move? it could be the rear brake pads freeing themselves up after being clamped to the disc for 12+ hours over night lol

in terms of the air vents, i notice a lovely clunking noise when you redirect the air flow. that's just the vents themselves. as you said it's hard to diagnoise but if i was to hear the noise i could easily point it out straight away. if yours is automatic climate control there will be an automatic vent inside the vent itself which will usually open up on start up to let the heat from the heater matrix radiate out

i hate the internet sometimes when it comes to trying to help folk out!

No guys it's def up front, I'm not overly concerned just wondered if anyone had an idea, Oscar when you mention an auto vent it us that type of noise and a small whiring can be heard sometimes so that might be it ;)

If I tried to type out all the rattles on my GT id have more posts then anyone on the forum , I've got a whirling knocking rattling in every part lol

aye man that'll be the blower fans starting up which'll be the whirring sound and the vent opening from the heater matrix :) in the words of neil, you are a big girls blouse :D

being a renault guy you should be well used to strange sounds by now. i just got a silly loud exhaust to cover up my rattles haha