1st Service

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currieravfc

Reaction score
The service plan states that oil change, oil filter, pollen filter is all that is changed. Just checking if this is correct as I have an aftermarket panel filter that is only a few thousand old so I don't want it changing?

then it won't be changed, but the price is always a set price so you'll no doubt have to pay the full price and opt not to have the air filter installed. although you can ask about having the cost of the air filter discounted dude, renault dealerships can be kind about that.

another thing to note is that you can have your car serviced anywhere as long as they use renault oem parts to maintain your warranty!

Just phoned them up and apparently the 2 letters I had come through my door stating my car was due for a service were errors and I've still got another year or up to 12500 miles.

Do it anyway. Oil is cheap.

At the very least oil and filter. Ignore the air filter. You could just ask for that.

Mines going in for a 6k change in the next month.

If the car is 12 months old it still needs to go in for a check and a pollen filter change ( according to ,my local Renault garage), I had mine done FOC as part of the 4 year deal sold with the later cars, the oil change is due on mine in about another 8000 miles which will make the car 2 year old.

But I am intending to change the oil any way to a better quality, within the next month or so.

Rob.

Its 12 months old at the end of this month and has done 8500. I'm going on a road trip around Europe the start of next month so maybe I should change the oil and filter before I go. I've got 2000 miles planned.

Lucky eddie":ug8fs68p said:
what oil does everyone recommend then?

5w30 or 5w40 eddie, your car will take 5 litres. go for petronas syntium! i highly rate lucas / petronas oils right now, we use that on customers cars and it lasts really well. good for 10k servicing is the petronas, and it's on offer right now for 24 bucks with free delivery if you type in ''HOT30'' into the coupon area at the bottom right of the shopping basket at checkout :D

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Renault_Twingo_1.6_2010/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/oil-filter/?501735069&1&55c5c4a7b76a8a2e4ab6a75825015ace2bd1193b&000231

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Renault_Twingo_1.6_2010/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/regular-service/engine-oil/?521772471&1&2a551cfec7e2c5b2e92da5523ed62f74137a26d3&000398