1/50 Silverstone press car for sale

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunty

Reaction score
Just noticed that number 1/50 is for sale on Autotrader from a garage in Buckinghamshire. I wonder if the future owner will realise this car has been driven by magazines and websites before purchasing. As cool as it would be to have number one, I don't like the idea of a few dozen people thrashing it round before me for 6,500 miles. It's for sale at an attractive £10k though so I'm sure it will find a home soon.

8221460677_95fddea0e6.jpg

JE_GT":3flngmyq said:
I'd probably buy it, famous car lol. Plus it would have been well maintained.

Well maintained bar the fact every journalist that got their hands on it, probably kicked it's teeth in...

133_Ads":1i138noc said:
JE_GT":1i138noc said:
I'd probably buy it, famous car lol. Plus it would have been well maintained.

Well maintained bar the fact every journalist that got their hands on it, probably kicked it's teeth in...
Well id have it. Its number 1, who cares? :lol:

I thought renault kept #1 of most RS limited editions. Maybe a run of 50 was too small for them to keep one of the Twingo Silverstones.

Even though the press cars do get hammered, they do get very well looked after. Lots of mechanical inspections and anything that needs replacing gets replaced. They want to put a good impression forwards to the journo's

Agree with previous posts.

Ex-journo cars are like ex-cop cars and ex-driving school cars Well-maintained and well put back together after the grunts have finished thrashing them. Will have full service history and anything that squeaks/rattles will have been long-since tightened up or replaced.

Almost certainly a better buy than ex-boy/girl racer or ex-little old man/lady cars.

i remember it was on the RS forum about ex press cars, they service them contantly and replace suspension, brakes etc constantly so the car is always "as new" to be the best it can!

At least you know where it has been driven as well! Just on the silverstone track!