0-60?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay4

Reaction score
Has anyone clocked the 0-60 in their RS? If I remember correctly it says it's 0-60 in 8.7. I did a rough time check and I reckon I'm running 0-60 at under 8 seconds. When I get my Silverstone it has a 0-62 setting but wondered what everyone else's thoughts were? Any Silverstone owners have any input?

I was gonna post this the other day, but didn't bother.

I tested this timer for the first time ever the other nite.

And 8.7 is not accurate.

I got 8.3 on my first attempt and I didn't take off very well, and I found myself not concentrating very well on gears etc when I was doing this because I was concentrating more on what the RS monitor was doing. I know I can get better than 8.3,
But here is my proof, lol
04f2d208.jpg

Can kinda read but sry for blurry

wow, just came on my computer and that is a crap pic, oh well gonna mean have to go out and do some more 0-62 drags to get a better pic :p

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329547483.109408.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329547483.109408.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 12,415
Yeah I just kept the car rolling ever so slightly and I managed a pic. Damit, I new my time was naf!! Better work on it! Lol

do you think Renault claims deliberately worse time for Twingo in order not to be "too" close to Clio time? Otherwise it doesnt make sense to me...

I just don't understand why they said 8.7. Half a second + is a lot of difference!

I recon also, if they keep it higher, when a new model comes out they can say they tweaked a few things and it's quicker, when actually then did naff all.

Forget to say as well, that 7.6 was with the car completely standard, nothing had been done to it.

Just been for a spin to see if I can beat it now I have changed the air filter, no joy, the roads are too greasy, just ended up spinning the wheels before I even got to 3000 rpm

maggi112":2oy0hexb said:
They're gonna remain all greasy till we get a good dose of rain to clear all the rubbish away :(

i agree

was a bit interesting this morning though, going round some of the corners at the speed i normally go round them adn just end up going a little sideways trying to find grip.

but as usual twingos seem to find grip anywhere

Yeah it's odd. Front end washed wide if I accelerated even slightly then just gripped and could fling it out the other end. Was quite fun but I want it back to zero understeer lol

Wondered why I'd been drifting all over the road, I thought it was my tyres ;)

A lot of cars have inaccurate 0-60 times to be honest. They're marketed to get into a certain class and insurance category too!

That said if we're finding the Twingo 133 about a second quicker, no doubt the RS Clio and Megane guys find the same.

I can remember people on Meganesport.net finding they could outperform the book figures.

alex: agreed, but in most cases is kinda hard to achieve claimed times since you need to make a perfect launch. But i still believe that the number which is made "official" is chosen by marketing guys, in order not to cross fade model ranges. And I also wonder, how does the RS monitor "count" that time, via GPS or just off the data from ECU through gearing etc.?