Ktec decat

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.mediafire.com/download/88pvx18nbrhipxy/Twingo+RS+Service+Manual.zip

1 - engines and peripherals : 19B - catalytic converter removal and refitting K4M

this should tell you how to do it. apparently it says can't remove the cat as it's apart of the exhaust manifold so this may or may not need cutting out. it's not something i've ever had the chance to do on a 133, manifolds not something you really do on a brand new car which the 133's were when i was at renault. theres no reason why it couldn't be cut out though, but it's perhaps a good idea for someone who's already done the job to elaborate on it.

i'd say have a look through the manual to remove the exhaust manifold, simple enough job really if you do it the right way!

R/h driveshaft out
Lower engine mount (dogbone) off
Push bottom of engine forwards slightly
Now with loads of room :lol: remove manifold and drop it out

singlespeed":o3uvbbhg said:
R/h driveshaft out
Lower engine mount (dogbone) off
Push bottom of engine forwards slightly
Now with loads of room :lol: remove manifold and drop it out

Drive shaft fully out or jus out the wheel side not gearbox?

yeah dude. bank 2 (the second sensor, post cat) only monitors the performance of the catalytic converter. bank 1 is the one that will obliterate your fuel economy and you'll loose a good few horses until you can get the car mapped to run take into account the decat, nothing extravagant though. i noticed that you're in yorkshire, i'd recommend RS Tunning in leeds. it seems to be a popular and safe choice for mapping renaults

oscar":38wbxc17 said:
yeah dude. bank 2 (the second sensor, post cat) only monitors the performance of the catalytic converter. bank 1 is the one that will obliterate your fuel economy and you'll loose a good few horses until you can get the car mapped to run take into account the decat, nothing extravagant though. i noticed that you're in yorkshire, i'd recommend RS Tunning in leeds. it seems to be a popular and safe choice for mapping renaults

Yh that's where am looking to take it do you kno if there's a pop bang map?

like i said fran, paul @ rs tunning is going to be your go to guy when it comes to those sorts of questions. but in theory, yes there certainly is massive scope to have your 133 farting on lift off lol. it's not rocket science really, it's just overfuelling on the over run. with your new manifold which is decat + a good straight through exhaust system with no silencers whatsoever you will get the full effect of pops and bangs.

oscar":23g8honx said:
like i said fran, paul @ rs tunning is going to be your go to guy when it comes to those sorts of questions. but in theory, yes there certainly is massive scope to have your 133 farting on lift off lol. it's not rocket science really, it's just overfuelling on the over run. with your new manifold which is decat + a good straight through exhaust system with no silencers whatsoever you will get the full effect of pops and bangs.
Lol yh iv already got the ktec cat back iv got access to a ramp but that excited I want to get it on axel stands with a torch and start pulling it to bits tonyt :lol:

Yes, driveshaft fully out, complete with the intermediate bearing. Which as Oscar mentions, will need the gearbox topping up afterwards, so an ideal time for a drain and refill which may help the gearbox life

singlespeed":1eaowy8m said:
Yes, driveshaft fully out, complete with the intermediate bearing. Which as Oscar mentions, will need the gearbox topping up afterwards, so an ideal time for a drain and refill which may help the gearbox life

Any ideas of the price of the remap at rs tuning iv emailed him but props won't get a reply until Monday

lot of job just to change the cat ^^

that like changing the ******* oil filter

damn twingo

mazmaz":185uwd67 said:
lot of job just to change the cat ^^

that like changing the f*****g oil filter

damn twingo

:lol:
I'm waiting for a quote frm rs tuning for remap before I start luckly I have access to a 2 post ramp

Fran133":12f01us1 said:
Manifold changed after a thew hits with a hammer and a thew more swear words lool
I was thinking you were stuck under the motor :?

So it came free with a bit of persuasion :twisted:

singlespeed":3dfxt6dl said:
Fran133":3dfxt6dl said:
Manifold changed after a thew hits with a hammer and a thew more swear words lool
I was thinking you were stuck under the motor :?

So it came free with a bit of persuasion :twisted:
Haha yh they was 4 bolts holding it to the block when I undone the last to it jus fell off I shut my eyes thinking it was goin to land on my face lol.
How tight is it tho they could of put the cat under the car somewhere my wrists are bruised from squeezing thm through the tight gaps the loosen and tighten nuts.
Sounds nice tho :D so guess it's worth it.
Booked into rs tuning on the 6th aswel :D :D