New K-Tec Manifold

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James-Hilton

Reaction score
Just been on K-Tecs Facebook page and they have a 133 with a sports cat, manifold and remap kicking out 150 bhp! :D

I always wanted to 133 to be able to break the 150 bhp barrier. It doesn't say the price for it yet and they are still doing some fine tuning to it. They are also developing camshafts for it and a closed induction kit. Gonna get saving! :D

I think i beat them to the camshafts as my head and cams are already away.

The increase shown on the rr graph is a good gain from std exhaust to manifold, sport cat and mapping. Showing a good gain across the range.

Do you have any idea roughly about the gains for that? With these mods and if you strip out the rear seats I reckon the 133 wouldn't be far behind a standard 200 Clio?

James-Hilton":28lhd0hx said:
Do you have any idea roughly about the gains for that? With these mods and if you strip out the rear seats I reckon the 133 wouldn't be far behind a standard 200 Clio?
If i remember correctly, you already have a decat manifold and ktec exhaust. That being so, i doubt your gains would be as impresive.

Getting below 1000kg would be easy enough but what power output that can be acheived whilst retaining any road drivability remains to be seen.

Cams, headwork and replacements for the exhaust manifold and cat are my plan for the year but putting a figure on the output would only a guess or a hope. Without getting the engine out and onto an engine dyno, it's a bit pointless trying to compare results from different rolling roads as theres just too many variables to consider.

maggi112":33w5lkxi said:
I'd take that with a big pinch of salt

Do you mean in terms of the power output?

My 1.4 Lupo Sport was 100bhp as standard but with a Raceland manifold, PowerFlow cat back and induction kit made 117bhp on the rollers.

Can imagine if you did the same with the Twingo, maybe with a re-map 150bhp is achievable.

Either way it'd be a nice round figure for the Twingo as the standard chassis can handle a fair bit more power.

Just seems those who spent ££££ chasing a few bhp with exhausts and mapping included obviously got it very wrong if ktec can suddenly find 17 is all. It seems a very optimistic figure for the twingo personally

maggi112":3clf9tzj said:
Just seems those who spent ££££ chasing a few bhp with exhausts and mapping included obviously got it very wrong if ktec can suddenly find 17 is all. It seems a very optimistic figure for the twingo personally

I understand your scepticism, but if the manifold is where a restriction is, then there's no reason why the engine shouldn't produce 150bhp. I wonder if K-Tec would care to comment on this thread.

150hp should be acheivable from a 1.6 litre 16 valve.

I had 158 and 165 from two different sets of rollers for a 1.6 8 valve vauxhall with a rally spec cam and simillar head work to what i'm planning for the dini except the c/r was raised to 12.7 from a 30 thou skim, 4-1 exhaust manifold and single box straight through system. I had upgraded to a webber carb and a lot more besides as it started of about 110hp or something silly.

It was still very drivable day to day but was a bit loud and wasn't happy idling below 1000rpm. I would think the extra valve area with a 16v head should make similar results from a milder cam or without a big increase to the c/r... Well I hope so

71881_501286889894082_577.jpg

maggi112":ojefowt6 said:
Does that say standard 136bhp? Bit blurry on my phone.
thats the peak totrque after the work. Peak corrected horsepower before work looks about 130

Cheers Neil.

Just looked and it's clearly a flatter torque line :lol:

I'm sure the power is there, and can be seen. But not with an exhaust and map IMO. As I said, people have chased and not reached that with loads more work than that.

Cams and exhaust I can see that power in my head but just from people's past experiences (iirc orbital particularly) just contradicts the little information presented. A 20bhp gain seems exceptional if it is true

Neil you seem like a really smart guy! Can you go and work for K-TEC and show them how it's done! :L If I could get 150 bhp out of the 133 I'd be more than happy as long as it didn't effect how well it drove. I took mine to K-TEC late 2010 and got a decat exhaust, K and N Apollo kit and a remap and the print out gave me 135 bhp. I think before the remap it was around 125 standard but apparently Renault cars very rarely achieve their claimed figures? Don't know why?

James-Hilton":2s3mqe7v said:
Neil you seem like a really smart guy! Can you go and work for K-TEC and show them how it's done! :L If I could get 150 bhp out of the 133 I'd be more than happy as long as it didn't effect how well it drove. I took mine to K-TEC late 2010 and got a decat exhaust, K and N Apollo kit and a remap and the print out gave me 135 bhp. I think before the remap it was around 125 standard but apparently Renault cars very rarely achieve their claimed figures? Don't know why?
is your decat manifold just the oroginal one with the insides removed? If so, i'm sure it could be improved upon as the inlet and outlet to the cat is rather poor on the standard manifold.

You went from 125 to 135 so about 8% increase instead of trying to compare rr figures on different days/rollers etc

130 to 150 is about 15% for a properly designed 4-1 manifold and 200 cell cat with 2.5" exhaust. They have also had more experience mapping the 133 since then... Could be done :?