MOT FAIL

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lot130

Reaction score
Can you help

Failed my MOT on Emissions Took my car to my Renault dealer for check. They stated checket for injection faults, DF330 on clip found pink rate high, faulty pinking sensor. Checked 02 upstream and downstream sensors, both need replaced. The diagnostic sheet showed present faults 0 Stored faults 0. The Renault mechanic said the MOT results indicated that it is not a cat issue and that the replaceing the above parts sould resolve the emission failure. But it did not

Work was done as recommended then back to my local MOT tester and it failed again on emissions.

MOT exhaust emissions test results

Fast idle test fail
CO = 1.78 fail
Lambda = 0.949 fail
Second Fast Idle Test fail
CO = 2.62
HC = 228 Fail
Lambda = 0.932 fail

Overall Result Exhaust Emissions Test Fail

Any suggestions would be very welcome

Thank you

Robert

Hi mate have you sorted this. Mine struggled last year only scraped through due to high co. Which basiclly is unburnt fuel so my car is running rich. Did the tester have the car good and hot i mean hot enough for the rad fan to kick in ? If cold there still on the enrichment cycle. Mine stinks of fuel when cold. Theres no running issues what so ever though. Cars a 10 plate which as just ticked over 100,000 miles. Im wondering if my cats getting tired. Lambdas still original and only have ktec downpipe system. How many miles are you getting from a full tank. ?

Hi thanks for your reply. This is my number if you like to exchange common issues any one

Robert

My car now up and running due to the valuable information from Renault sport UK.

Thanks for all your responses

lot130":txncdr8y said:
My car now up and running due to the valuable information from Renault sport UK.

Hi lot130,
I'm having the same issues, have you got a link to the detail to get it sorted?

I've got 10 days to get it sorted for free retest.

cheers

Jon

Did anyone have any luck in finding what the issues of high co levels on emissions.

I'm not having much luck in resolving this issue . Any feedback would be greatly appreciated