Kangarooing from cold, cold start problem

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weebob

Reaction score
Success,

My car went in for the kangarooing on a cold start. My local dealership was able to fix the problem, no more lurching about from cold. I have got more details as how the dealership found the solution (remap to a later map).

In the Renault problems solutions database that dealerships can search. its called "Renault actis solution 8071" maybe worth asking the dealership about it if you are having a problem.

I have mentioned this in a couple of threads but think its worthy of its own.

Hope it helps chaps and chapesseses

certainly worthy of it's own thread, as your title should make it easy to find, unlike some of the other threads :)

It puzzles me why the reflash you received is still apparently different to the factory instalation of new cars.

I really don't know but hopefully that should be the key to help others. It's fine on any fuel I put in. I haven't had it on a rolling road since to see if there are any chances on that front.

Called them. Hours labour, so will be different dependant on dealership or group

weebob":3kiwun8e said:
Called them. Hours labour, so will be different dependant on dealership or group
The ECU doesn't allow files to be writen to it if the temp is too high. If its going to be hot, allow 15 minutes with the bonnet open before handing it over or you could be paying for them to go and have a cuppa ;)

I took mine in regarding the kangarooing today, they updated the ecu cleared the injection faults that it brought up and :O feels like it did when i first bought it! so much more responsive and sharp........ thanks Holden the Rs is alive again :p
if any kangaroo well worth giving back and sorting it out cheers weebob for the code!!

bagseye":31whinos said:
quick question

should this proble be coming up with a fault code?

nope mine didnt.

however the service manager at co-op blackpool (top bloke!) did some digging around and came back with the fix for Renault actis solution 8071, being a reflash.

a month on and the twingo still feels good to drive no kangarooing at all! guess the codes came up because of the length of time it had been doing it??
all sorted anyway and im starting to look towards the serious tuning of it, found myself a stainless steel exhaust, stuggling regarding a short ram air intake, if any ideas or websites, dont even mind going custom etc

Our old 133 (58 plate) had the Kangarooing issues quite bad. Almost made you look like a learner driver it was that bad.

So far our new 133 (59 plate) is kangarooing free so much have had this reflash. Seems like a similar problem that the 197s had.

Just took mine in for the issue on Monday...no fault found. Flashed ecu and checked for updates. Nothing they can do.

Although, after looking through my dash cam footage, i would like compensation for the mechanic who did a really wet fart on my seat...also, some petrol money for the 10 mile trip they took in the car...but mainly the fart...