Worth paying a premium for SS?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleggmeister

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have a shortlist of 133's I'd love to own. The money is ready but I'm not prepared to take a massive hit; that said I'm interested in why the SS editions seem to price higher than 133's, even facelifts...

I need bluteooth phone and mp3/usb stick playback. Is this excluded in the SS?
I'd like a Cup chassis. Standard in the SS?
Aircon is, frankly, a nuisance in Glasgow. Does the SS come with that?
But, I commute 15 miles everyday and I'm not fussed about the telemetry, which is the only real difference I see in the SS edition.

What do you all think?

For what it's worth I prefer the facelift styling...

Many thanks,

Cleggy.

PS: SS editions currently around £7k. A nice facelift, newer with less miles, around £6k. I'm not buying as an investment and I love driving, but am I wasting £1k buying a SS?

I don't know about them being worth the premium it will all depend on how much you want to own a SS. Obviously there was only 50 made so you may have to wait for one to come up for sale, although recently there were 2 on autotrader.
I believe the cup chassis is standard on the SS.
When I started looking for one I wanted a white full fat with cup chassis. I ruled out the cup model as I wanted the sliding rear seats as opposed to the bench. I didn't discard the option of the gordini or SS but just thought, being limited editions, they'd be few and far between. I test drove 2 cup models (to make sure the car was right for me), then a SS came up at the right money with low miles.
It is exactly the same to drive as the cup ones but I decided to go for the SS as I liked the idea of the monitor and the exclusivity. Although, I haven't seen too many RS' on the road and never another SS.

Silverstone can't play from usb, maybe if someone has a box thing but standard it doesn't come with it. Does come with the sport monitor though although others can as well.

But it does come with air con.

And I think there is only 49 at most as I'm sure I read on here one had been written off unfortunately.

Thanks chaps. I've just bought a facelift full fat - didn't see the benefit of the SS and instead spent the "premium" on a 13 plate with one lady owner, 18k miles, and delivery from Worcestershire. It will be in Finnieston on Friday. I'm v excited!