Renault admit......

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather a track/rally style with the gordini name rather than just some interior

I don't particularly agree as far as branding the 133/200 with Gordini badges as they are in essence still the "hot" models in their respective ranges, but what they really shouldn't have bothered with was the TCE Gordini Twingo.

Renault aren't the only one guilty of this, years ago the Seat "FR" range was kinda the "warm" model in the range of every car but nowadays it's no more than just a trim level.

singlespeed":31sl74af said:
So, how mines ended up should have been the starting point :roll:
Haha unlucky, strip it and cage it then offer it toothem as a base for there next car :p

Those that own them, love them. Those that don't like Renault don't buy them anyway.

What's the issue? We all love a 'dini round these parts.

Personally I just don't think it suited the shape of the Clio, but definitely looks good on a 133

Even coming from me, the Wind Gordini look atrocious too.

The only thing I like is that the Gordini blue looks better than the Azzuro blue.

But yes somehow the 133 Gordini gets away with it.

I think the Gordini visuals look especially good on small cars like the Twingo. I'm not sold on the Clio or Wind versions, though. I can appreciate that there is risk in slapping a reputable name on something which doesn't match it, such as a lower-ended car.

Sw4ns":2guqenxy said:
I think the Gordini visuals look especially good on small cars like the Twingo. I'm not sold on the Clio or Wind versions, though. I can appreciate that there is risk in slapping a reputable name on something which doesn't match it, such as a lower-ended car.
Strip the name away and its still a good car just with better paint and interior :p

Apart from the wheels, they're not so good. But am I the only one who actually likes the look of the Clio 200 Gordini?! :-/

lgonzalez":2l3fxvdp said:
Apart from the wheels, they're not so good. But am I the only one who actually likes the look of the Clio 200 Gordini?! :-/

200 Gordini is vile, I've seen a silver stone 200 with full black leather recaros and silver stone stitched in the seats, that looks amazing, that or a LY 200 with recaros would the only Clio I'd pick.

Same with the 250 LY only for me, but I'm picky with colours as I have to have different colours..

lgonzalez":2iyhhncv said:

I like it as well my sister had one there really nice , it's probs the only 200 I would have

It all comes back to our old friend 'personal taste' I guess.... oh well I like them lol

lgonzalez":19drfc3b said:

I do like them too but the main issue for me (and the same applies to the Twingo too) is the awful blue wheels, I just don't get it. I'd happily drive a 200 Gordini provided it had a set of Speedlines.

In my eyes the Gordini had the interior and features that a RenaultSport should have, hence buying one.

My first RenaultSport was a Clio 172 all the way back in 2003 and as standard it came with leather, climate control, cruise control etc as standard. Don't get me wrong the 133 is an epic car but does it need to be so bare by comparison to it's older brother? I don't think so, hence the Gordini was a good range all be it with Marmite styling. I admit the Gordini name conjures images of extra performance which the last range didn't add but as an overall car, I think the Gordini versions of the Twingo/Clio are a more complete overall car. :)