Supercharge or turbo?!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrighty94

Reaction score
Been chatting with a few guys at work and was planning to put either a supercharge or turbo lot obviously will save up for a year or to before hand but has anyone done this to there twingo133?! And if so any good?

wrighty94":3jz85st4 said:
Been chatting with a few guys at work and was planning to put either a supercharge or turbo lot obviously will save up for a year or to before hand but has anyone done this to there twingo133?! And if so any good?
if i had a 133 i would do a low boost turbo conversion :)

Neil mentioned something the other day in a previous post saying there aint enough room for a supercharger but theres enough room at the back of the engine for a turbo.

Imo enjoy the 133 for what it is but if you are gonna do something, be the 1st :)

Daveyb133":2z099ifz said:
Neil mentioned something the other day in a previous post saying there aint enough room for a supercharger but theres enough room at the back of the engine for a turbo.

Imo enjoy the 133 for what it is but if you are gonna do something, be the 1st :)

This.

But I think boosting a twingo RS would ruin it, go do throttle bodies I know ollie was going to do this to his but he never seems to update his thread so whether it happened or not we will never know.

yeah I think the 133 has the N/A charm and anything other than a low boost turbo would take that away :(
just put a busa lump in it if you want to be a first! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

waitey":1euj5al1 said:
go do throttle bodies I know ollie was going to do this to his but he never seems to update his thread so whether it happened or not we will never know.
I think its still happening but bricks and mortar are slowing down progress.

Its my next choice for progress ;) but theres not enough room for a simple straight out the front fitment

SC would probably fit. But not with AC.

iv turbo'd, supercharged and bodied the f4r engines (not the same one :mrgreen: ) but never the 133

id say turbo ALL DAY LONG :twisted: :twisted: but i may be a lil biased

depends what ur wanting out of the car really

If you wanna charge it, use a normal K4M or the one of the Clio GT with the lower CR....

Chassis mods only and some proper instruction.

The instructors at the renaultsport trackday at bedford were 'bossing' RS Megane's and we know how fast they are!

Turbo would ruin the 133 imo

I think it's not the question

but turbo or charger in fact will cost more than you expect

and if the torque go to hight it will brake the gear

for space english car have advantage cause brake système leave some space to put a turbo
on my french car i think turbo will not fit easely cause of the breaking system

the charger i think can fit fit just need to take the place of the Air con

personnaly i stay on naturaly aspired engine
for 4 reason : cost ,reliability , style, spirit , and weight (turbo, pipes, etc add some weight on the fron and I don't like that ^^ )

This may sound funny but if you are approaching a corner and need to brake then your car is fast enough already ;)

Seriously though for the cost you may as well buy a 197 or 225 or something.
Enjoy the Twingo for what it is i say. If you have loads of spare cash laying about and want your present car to be really fast then why not. But i wouldnt save up for a year in order to do it.

JoeRS133":1w6o9isc said:
This may sound funny but if you are approaching a corner and need to brake then your car is fast enough already ;)

Seriously though for the cost you may as well buy a 197 or 225 or something.
Enjoy the Twingo for what it is i say. If you have loads of spare cash laying about and want your present car to be really fast then why not. But i wouldnt save up for a year in order to do it.

this is the classic stupid respons -_-

even with a 30 horse power car you wil need to brake

but it's true that the point is to have money ;)
then you can do what you want

low boost turbo would be something id consider 170hp or there abouts, that way you would still have the nice n/a character of the engine with the low down grunt of the turbo, as oliver said though probably be better with a K4M from a non RS and when your going to that sort of length of changes your as well selling up, buying an early 197 and sticking an F4RT in it, that way you have an easy 270hp out the box, a cracking chassis to match it, choice of an LSD and big brakes to match it!

you need to fit also the megane gear box

it's possible but probably not easy ^^

Ill find away eventually guy at work built engines and fitted tur is all day long! Just need to look some more into it ! :)

Martin_172":11dxm0vk said:
mazmaz":11dxm0vk said:
you need to fit also the megane gear box

it's possible but probably not easy ^^

its a doddle bolts straight in

I remember someone saying that the 6 speed isn't is a straight bolt on from what was said on the facebook page