What wold this little bit of bonnet trim be called?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpmd

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone happen to know of a part name for the little bit of unpainted bonnet trim in this picture:

file.php

Massive apologies to Davieb133 who's post I lifted the image from - I was looking for engine bay shots to try and work out what my problem was, and this picture is the perfect answer.

This piece of trim is missing from the underside of my bonnet. This means that the 'bonnet closed' switch is not being depressed when the bonnet is down, which causes a warning tone to be emitted by the alarm whenever I lock the car.

Also, if anyone happens to have a spare kicking around I'm all ears!

Cheers,

Ben.

Why would that be missing? :s

I don't know the name of the part sorry, it also looks like it is riveted on

Maybe if you could find someone local to you on here, measure the bracket then go to a local fabricators and get them to knock you something up?

That would be one for Jordy who I bought the car from about a week and a half ago.

Car looks fairly tidy, but there's a distict line I spotted on the bonnet top which suggests it's been masked off and sprayed recently.

Trying not to dwell on the possibilities too much!

Have a question in with my local Reanault dealer to see if they can sort one out for me.

ben if you print the picture out and take it into your nearest renault parts department, they will pull up the bonnet trim on screen for you and get you the part you need. this is the only way you will get the part, essentially it's just acting as a latch arm that presses the bonnet switch closed. renault have the monopoly on their trim and pannels so you cannot buy them from anywhere other than renault which absolutely sucks!

Ah - should have figured as much. Already mailed my local dealer with the link for that picture. Likely to be monday at least before they get back to me though - I'll get there at some point!

So I tried to pop in to the Durham Evans Halshaw dealership today - after the third person I tried to speak to started telling me who I should go and find I told them not to bother themselves and left.

Rang a Sunderland dealer, who were very helpful, but couldn't work out what I was trying to describe without seeing it.

At one point they were trying to sell me a full replacement alarm since that's the only way to gt that sensor.

Vexing to say the least.

Or at least it was untill I just tried unclipping the sensor. Not ideal I know, but it seems tje circuit defaults to assuming the bonnet is closed when the sensor isn't there completing the loop.

Wish I'd have thought to try that earlier. Means I can actually lock the car in public without shame until I can get some inspiration (or even just service!) out of a local dealer.

Oh, as a postscript to this thread - it turns out the mystery catch is in fact part of the optional alarm kit.

So unless I can source one from a breaker, I was getting quoted around £160 ex-VAT for an alarm kit that I'd more or less want to throw away.

If anyone totals an alarmed car...

The pic was taken tonight after I refound it the other day,so its definitely avaliable.

I had to relocate my switch so the bit wasnt needed afterwards. I'll throw it in free with a tshirt :)

Nice! Pm me a price and I'll papal you some funds.

I'm a medium t please (because I'm tubby but a bit vain).