Lower Balljoint Shield

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hrabroslav

Reaction score
Hrabroslav":ntkyb04g said:
Is this the heat shield you are talking about?

screenshot-7.png

With part numbers

77 11 162 881 - Left Shield
77 11 162 882 - Right Shield
77 11 126 686 - Washer (2x)
77 11 129 246 - Bolt (2x)

Does anyone know the dimensions of bolt and washer?

I managed to get both shields, but OEM washer and bolt seem to be hard do get and I don't feel like removing the brakes only to find out I don't have it and driving to the shop.

neil beat me to it lol. don't bother your arse getting bolts through renault, get down to your local hardware store and just cut your own bolt so what you believe will be the right size for about 5x less £$£$£

Thank you both for the answers but I just picked up OEM ones yesterday :p

I could get if for 5 times less but it's still just change so...

Probably going to sound like a bit of a numpty but how do you purchase the heatshields/bolts etc?? I've logged onto the ecatalog site hoping to just buy them off there but it won't go any further than putting items in shopping cart.

Hrabroslav what process did you go through to buy the parts? Would really like to fit these at the same of replacing the balljoints......

jkc89":1xik32l7 said:
Probably going to sound like a bit of a numpty but how do you purchase the heatshields/bolts etc?? I've logged onto the ecatalog site hoping to just buy them off there but it won't go any further than putting items in shopping cart.

Hrabroslav what process did you go through to buy the parts? Would really like to fit these at the same of replacing the balljoints......

i can order it for you easily enough man. i'll give you a message tomorrow afternoon, if i can't get it you can phone up wimbledon renault and order the part + postage :) but it won't be discounted :p

oscar":2kt1rnsh said:
jkc89":2kt1rnsh said:

i can order it for you easily enough man. i'll give you a message tomorrow afternoon, if i can't get it you can phone up wimbledon renault and order the part + postage :) but it won't be discounted :p

Oh thanks mate. That sounds good, from what I've seen so far the parts aren't too expensive but it would be a big help either way.

Josh

no worries josh, i'm always down to help people out where i can! i live two minutes away from the post office and it's just a phone call to order a part in so i don't mind :D

hopefully i can get a hold of
''77 11 162 881 - Left Shield
77 11 162 882 - Right Shield
77 11 126 686 - Washer
77 11 129 246 - Bolt

for you :D

I just went to the local renault dealer/service and ordered it there.

Note for oscar, you have to order 2x washer and 2x bolt, as they come in singles.

Hrabroslav":8u86fnum said:

Note for oscar, you have to order 2x washer and 2x bolt, as they come in singles.

Thanks guys. That's correct, its about the only thing I could make out on the French catalogue site LOL.

jkc89":3qe1rpz0 said:
Hrabroslav":3qe1rpz0 said:

Thanks guys. That's correct, its about the only thing I could make out on the French catalogue site LOL.

not sure how long hbroslav's took to arrive after he ordered them?? i can get you them, but they may take months to arrive as they'd be on back order from renaultsport (up to 2 months) but yes i can definitely get you them

Shields arrived quite fast but bolts and washers took 3 weeks to arive. The renault guys here also complained that they cant guarantee when (if) they will get them.

Dimensions for bolts and washers:

Washer:
inner diameter: 6,5mm
outer diameter: 10,0mm

Bolt:
thread length: 11,5mm
thread diameter: 6,0mm
10 "threads" per 1cm
head hight: 3mm

photo-08-08-14-13-58-10.jpg

interesting! i got a message back from my contact @ renaultsport and we are looking at a back order of 2 months now that the RS twingo is out of production. I'd guess that you got yours when it was in production so there would be some in stock somewhere, where as now they have to be made up from new for you which you can understand will be at the bottom of 'their' priorities lol.

I may need to get a few measurements so that i can fabricate my own ball joint cover up, a copy of the renaultsport part with a slightly different shape which will protect your balls' better ;)

I've got mine about two weeks ago. They were also saying it would take few month to arrive (if). But it arrived in three weeks.

Ask you guy just for shields. Afaik shields are normaly avaliable. Problems are just with bolts and washers.

drill_chart2.jpg

appears to be an M6 x 1 thread, so these bolts / screws are readily available. they'll just require cutting :)

oscar":22ftyrot said:
drill_chart2.jpg

appears to be an M6 x 1 thread, so these bolts / screws are readily available. they'll just require cutting :)

oh balllllllllllllllss!!!

But that means the washers are going to be problematic. Oscar what are the costs looking like for these parts?

i forgot to take a note, i just remember being told 'months mate...but can get you them no problem', wouldn't be too expensive although my advice would be to get to a fabrication / welding shop and have them make up a little heat shield or to a garage that's savvy with this kind of thing! this renaultsport parts only a bit of bent / drilled metal it's nothing special mate.

i'll inbox you the price tomorrow though